Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k race - May 06

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Postby madscotsbloke » Mon May 29, 2006 11:05 pm

hairy chest optional!!!!!!

8) :shock: 8)
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue May 30, 2006 6:44 am

Nobody ever photgraphs the photographer........

Well here is John McF with Roddy.

ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue May 30, 2006 6:47 am

I heard Tom telling loadsa folk that the certificates will be posted out soon......dont worry folks........these guys miss NOTHING........ 8)
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby dgraves » Tue May 30, 2006 6:57 am

From just a mention and a dream put on the forum a year ago, to the great success of the weekend, the Marathon has been an outstanding event. It has been fun following its development all year, and even more satisfying to see the impact it has had on the area and on the community of Campbeltown. Even the sun decided to shine for the day! Tom, Elaine, and countless others, including the town, congratulations- :D
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby elainemck » Tue May 30, 2006 9:22 am

Hello everyone! Yes certificates will be posted out to you all - well done to all of you who turned up on Sunday morning to take part! - thank you. Also a thanks to everyone who still managed to dance on the Sunday night at the Argyll, a great night!

Madscotsbloke - you are lucky you got a prize in the raffle! :lol:

We will update our website soon with results and photos. John McFadyen's photos will be available for purchase individually or you can buy the whole day's photos on CD for just £15. The other professional photographer from the day will also be selling his photos online. So keep watching www.mokrun.co.uk for updates.

Campbeltown Courier will be also doing a report on Friday.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Tue May 30, 2006 9:26 am

Also can I just say well done to those of you who raised money for charities - well done!

Especially Madscotsbloke - Gavin who raised a whopping £450 for Erskine Hospital! Having sore legs today was worth it!!!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Iona » Wed May 31, 2006 11:26 pm

I have been following this event with the interest from Tom's initial posting on the 29th July 2005 and take my hat off to all of you - what a fantastic achievement!

From a discussion with your brothers to a posting on here to the event being held last Sunday, and from what I have read and the photos I have seen a very successful day!, is just an amazing little story and should fill the hearts of the Kintyre people with pride!!! It shows the true value of forums like this and how they can be of value to the community.

More people should read this thread from the start - it is just wonderful how the whole event unfolded!

Congratulations to the organisers!
Iona
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:29 am

The race is getting great praise on the RUNNERS WORLD forum.

I added a wee bit to make sure it came back to the top but there was no need.

The success story grows and grows. :D

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/for ... =4&v=1&sp=
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:23 pm

Super comments! John could you perhaps post that photos are now starting to be added and perhaps a link to this forum?

On another note, seeing as you are posting photos of everyone I thought the world would like to see 4th Gen himself! (he is the one behind Tom who is the friendly chap waving.. :wink: )

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Runner's World ratings

Postby Mary G » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:54 am

The Runner's World forum link supplied by 4th gen makes for very interesting reading. As well as that discussion, there is a section about the race where runners rate a series of criteria ... scenery, Personal Best potential, organisation, atmosphere, etc. It is well worth a look - there are the most wonderful comments about the run and the place. :)

You need to sign up the web-site to see this section; worth the hassle!

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/ratingsall.asp?sp=&v=2&ugn=5408&en=29649
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:25 am

Mary, I didn't have to register and it took me right to the section. From everything I'm reading, it looks like you guys have organized a winner. I was reading the first posts when the first flicker of an idea started taking root. It was very interesting. I laughed at 4th gen's hope that they could get 30 people to run. :lol:
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:14 am

Friendly chap Tom for sure....hope that is not as opposed to UNfriendly chap 4th gen!! :lol:

Had not noticed that section Mary, that is great right enough...even the PB potential is rated quite high...that flat, almost all downhill section from Sound of Kintyre back into the town is a real winner.
Knowing H, J, T, Elaine and Helen they will be vexed that the ratings are not all 100% and will already be thinking up ways to make sure that nest year they ARE!!

I well remember the early meeting when we were, literally, naming the folks we thought would be sure to run....we got up to about 30! turned out to be 10% of the total entrants.......

My goodness, I have got itchy feet, will need to get out tonight.....had to wait till neighbours were done silage making....cant bring myself to run past other fermers when they are working!

Anyway, here is an image of another, nutty, friendly chap we all know.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby weebiddy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:17 pm

I have been holidaying at Tayinloan with my family for 4 years now and was delighted to join in the 10k on Sunday with a friend who also has a caravan there (she was 2nd lady vet!) . The timing was good as we were there for the holiday weekend. The atmosphere was great and very friendly and the whole event was superbly organised. It has been very interesting to follow the posts to learn how the event materialised. Well done to the committee for doing such a great job. I do hope it will become an annual event as we'll be sure to enter again next year. May even consider the half marathon next. Holiday weekend again please!!!
Great photos, too, though I wish hadn't looked quite so exhausted and so near the start,too!

Liz (#555)

PS My legs still hurt!!!
weebiddy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:01 pm

2 more fit lookin' men o' Campbeltown! Jamie and Alan.

ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:36 pm

Image[/quote]

Good to see Roddy on route in the half marathon, as i have seen him training on the beach over the last couple of months, well done Roddy, but where was Kevin Scally and Andrew Mathieson ? I was expecting to see them pounding the course.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run