Running Tips

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Running Tips

Postby Sport » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Anyone got any running tips they wish to share?

I recall reading on one of the reads last year why people use sunglasses for example but can't find it.

Any tips to share?
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:16 pm

8) well, in my case it is just a sad, pathetic but futile attempt to look cool :roll: !!

Real runners wear them to lessen tension and stress on the shoulders and neck caused by squinting in to the sun!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:41 pm

aw come on 4th you know you are a real runner - and look cool at the same time x
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:43 pm

i also enjoyed the banter last year about the toenail cutting and have passed this onto the Jogscotlanders who are running the Dublin 10K this sunday 6 April :D

another one is never to wear anything new on the day in case you get chaffed :oops: :wink: 8) this also goes for long runs, i went out for an 8 miler in new shorts and ended up with very sore inner thighs with the rubbing, black n blue they were - no rude comments please :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 pm

I think I'm about to break the rule about not wearing anything new on race day ..... what about the new jogscotland kit, I'm saving it to wear on the day :wink: I'm sure it will be fine 8)
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 pm

i forgot about that one iceblue, i think we are all saving our lovely new kit for that day :D

watch out for the courier photographer when you are wearing your high cut shorts. :D

mind u us girlies have defo got the legs 4 it :wink: oh and sorry djd and sid so do you boys 8)
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Seeing Dublin is going to be wet ,here is a tip.

If you can't be bothered to have two pairs of trainers (like l do) one for running and one for getting changed into at the end of a race and its come down like cats and dogs and your runners are soaking and you have nice clean socks to change into then all you have to do is carry 2 plastic bags to put your feet in,the rest speaks for its self (warm feet, warm body)

Then your ready for the bar.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:01 pm

DJD wrote:Seeing Dublin is going to be wet ,here is a tip.

If you can't be bothered to have two pairs of trainers (like l do) one for running and one for getting changed into at the end of a race and its come down like cats and dogs and your runners are soaking and you have nice clean socks to change into then all you have to do is carry 2 plastic bags to put your feet in,the rest speaks for its self (warm feet, warm body)

Then your ready for the bar.

Thanks for the tip DJD....just put some plastic bags into my case :wink: :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:40 am

i know what you mean djd, i had a change of feet after the tin pan in ormsary last year and it was very welcome after running through the small river. :lol: :lol:

but sometimes it isnt practical, ok for you boys but us girls havent got the room for 2 pair o runners weve got other important things to pack, like drink to rehydrate for example :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:24 am

There is nothing better after a race than fresh socks and trainers 8)
Do it if you can ladies!!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:34 am

fiona28 wrote:but sometimes it isnt practical, ok for you boys but us girls havent got the room for 2 pair o runners weve got other important things to pack, like drink to rehydrate for example :D

You right fiona28 ...canna fit two pairs of trainers in my case , however managed to fit in the dancing shoes. :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:59 pm

:D here we go here we go here we go :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:45 pm

Yippee.......its the final countdown ...2 days til race day :D

Safe journey girls on your way up Saturday ....you in safe hands with oor fiona at the wheel. Not sure on the way back right enough with me at the wheel.. :wink:

A wee friendly reminder for those coming on the new sports bus ... the bus leaves the wee toon at 6.30am prompt ,dont forget to set those alarm clocks and dont forget to pick me up in Glasgow . If you see someone running along the hard shoulder of the M8 ...that will be me. Just toot and I will jump in. :lol: :shock:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run