Today's MOKRUN 2008

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Today's MOKRUN 2008

Postby TB » Tue May 27, 2008 11:16 pm

elainemck wrote:Any comments/suggestions for next year feel free to email/post to me as I'm sure we'll start to arrange it soon enough, it won't be long coming round!

Elaine, I know some of the spectators were looking for a hot cup of tea/coffee to keep the chill out! I'm sure that would be a nice wee earner for a local group/charity....... tea, coffee and cakes, and souldn't cause conflict with Ifferdale Lamb who appeared to have a steady queue all day!.............. Was the cafe in the swimming pool open?.........but then, people don't want to leave the field!
TB
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby jdcarra » Wed May 28, 2008 8:59 am

Bradford wrote:I'd like to thank all the folk involved with organising and executing the race. It was an excellent course and it would have been hellishly fast if it wasn't for the wind and heat, it was still quick none the less. Three of us from my club came up to run and we'll definitely be singing the race's praises to the rest of my runners.

If anybody has any links to galleries of photographs containing photos of us (Glasgow University H&H), let me know (captain-handh@gusa.gla.ac.uk), it'd be highly appreciated.

Thanks again.
Daniel Bradford.
Club Captain
Glasgow University Hares & Hounds

Found this ones, do you have other runners race numbers?

Image Image
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Wed May 28, 2008 9:42 am

First chance to post since Sunday and just to echo all the other sentiments - well done organisers! Another fantastic weekend from start to finish - despite the wind!! Every time I felt like moaning about the heat on low askomil or the wind on Kilkerran I tried to think of Jamie Andrews totally inspirational talk from the night before!! Didn't manage the time I had hoped but still managed a PB so quite happy - and there wasn't a giant chocolate cake in sight :lol: :lol:!! Still a bit sore even today but think that was down to the boss lady nearly wheeching me into next week at strip the willow :lol: ! A wee rest then back to training for September!! Might try the half marathon - or maybe not - can't decide :roll:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby elainemck » Wed May 28, 2008 4:37 pm

TB wrote:
elainemck wrote:Any comments/suggestions for next year feel free to email/post to me as I'm sure we'll start to arrange it soon enough, it won't be long coming round!

Elaine, I know some of the spectators were looking for a hot cup of tea/coffee to keep the chill out! I'm sure that would be a nice wee earner for a local group/charity....... tea, coffee and cakes, and souldn't cause conflict with Ifferdale Lamb who appeared to have a steady queue all day!.............. Was the cafe in the swimming pool open?.........but then, people don't want to leave the field!

Good idea, I've put on my long list for 2009, thanks!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

MOK walk

Postby sarahmcfadz » Thu May 29, 2008 1:14 pm

really enjoyed taking part in the 10K, although I was abit frustrated at having to walk this year as I thought I should play it safe in case a baby fell out of me :lol: :lol: !! Defo cant wait to get the running gear on again and should be back in form for next year! cant wait already!! :D
sarahmcfadz
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Mary G » Thu May 29, 2008 1:51 pm

I noticed that there was 57% female entries, to 43% male. And although the male ratio was higher in the half marathon, there will still lots of women in that event ... I reckon more than in other years. And a healthy proportion of them were local too. This is a great example to other communities, and deserves so much recognition.

By they way, there are some ratings trickling onto the Runners' World site. I guess the committee are looking for more ... there were 43 votes cast for last year's event, and with more runners I would expect around 50 votes this year.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/ratingsall.asp?en=40607&year=2008&ugn=5408&sp=&v=2
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Thu May 29, 2008 4:09 pm

Mary G wrote:I noticed that there was 57% female entries, to 43% male. And although the male ratio was higher in the half marathon, there will still lots of women in that event ... I reckon more than in other years. And a healthy proportion of them were local too. This is a great example to other communities, and deserves so much recognition.

By they way, there are some ratings trickling onto the Runners' World site. I guess the committee are looking for more ... there were 43 votes cast for last year's event, and with more runners I would expect around 50 votes this year.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/ratingsall.asp?en=40607&year=2008&ugn=5408&sp=&v=2

Was going to highlight this myself Mary...well said. Posted my comments this morning on runners world and hopefully more will follow.......it was great to read others reviews that were not local.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri May 30, 2008 11:48 pm

jdcarra wrote:
Bradford wrote:I'd like to thank all the folk involved with organising and executing the race. It was an excellent course and it would have been hellishly fast if it wasn't for the wind and heat, it was still quick none the less. Three of us from my club came up to run and we'll definitely be singing the race's praises to the rest of my runners.

If anybody has any links to galleries of photographs containing photos of us (Glasgow University H&H), let me know (captain-handh@gusa.gla.ac.uk), it'd be highly appreciated.

Thanks again.
Daniel Bradford.
Club Captain
Glasgow University Hares & Hounds

Found this ones, do you have other runners race numbers?

Image Image

Never mind the running ones JD - here is one of what students like doing best. Chilling out. 8)

Don't know where to really start with all of these photos...over 600 of them....

But they go from there is a fair range of them!!! :o :D

Margaret Anne

Hector and 4th Gen race for the line

Good friends Jim and Nicola

PLs with the lads

Stuart gets to see Elaine for the first time in months. :wink:

Fiona, Stanley and the weans

Iain and Alison (Iain showing how windy it was 8) )

Darren, Carolyn and Iona

Alan, Tom and Davie - oldest starting on the left :wink:

Smiles all round. 8)

Last edited by Ship called Dignity on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bradford » Sat May 31, 2008 11:34 am

Thanks to both of you for those. Any chance you could email me the high-res versions?

Other race numbers: 167 (half) and 882 (10k).

Thanks again,
Bradford.
Bradford
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby jdcarra » Sat May 31, 2008 1:48 pm

Bradford wrote:Thanks to both of you for those. Any chance you could email me the high-res versions?

Thanks again,
Bradford.

Bradford

We seem to have lost 882 somewhere in the pack :wink: , may be some other member shall have pic.
I will e-mail high res pics to you.

Cheers
jd

Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Krissie » Sat May 31, 2008 2:05 pm

Do you have any photos of 618 you could email me?

Thanks, Krissie.
Krissie
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:56 pm

thats me just about recovered, still sore in behind the knee right enough. like DJD that is my official worst 1/2 time, but worst in time only.

I remember standing on the moss road in all that wind and looking down the road ahead of me at all those people who overtook me and wanting to cry with happiness becos i was in amongst such a special group of people all out there just doing their best.

Do you know that not one person passed me without asking how i was or patting me on the back and saying "come on wee toon runner you're doing well". One of the Antrim boys walked with me part of the last mile and suggested we finish the race 2gether and i tried to do that but i couldnt even string half a mile 2gether and told him to go for it without me. I was glad of his company mind u, and he had started half an hour after me :oops:

I felt sorry for Rabmacd when i read his post and wished i hadnt been one of the folk urging him on to do it - but then hindsight is a great thing :? I bet you've took something out of this race too rab.

On that long windy stretch of the moss road Jamie Andrew came into my thoughts so often, how uncomplaining he was and how much he put into life and that was when i started smiling and singing along to my tunes as i walked long stretches of road that i'd normally have been running - but that day at that time it didnt matter if i ran or walked cos i was there doing it and i was part of the MOK 2008 - what a fantastic weekend.

Oh and a wee thank you to BJ - John A and all the JSC gang for my big cheer when i eventually crossed the line :D :wink:
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:20 pm

Krissie wrote:Do you have any photos of 618 you could email me?

Thanks, Krissie.

Could be digging a hole here for myself but 10k or half marathon?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:45 pm

Bradford wrote:Thanks to both of you for those. Any chance you could email me the high-res versions?

Thanks again,
Bradford.

Bradord. We have photos of you all. 8) :lol: (only joking before you all ask!)

Perhaps this thread should be a photo one Mods???? :!: :?: :wink:

Anyway,

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Ship called Dignity wrote:
Krissie wrote:Do you have any photos of 618 you could email me?

Thanks, Krissie.

Could be digging a hole here for myself but 10k or half marathon?

Krissie - found you. Photo sent. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run