JOGSCOTLAND RELAY - FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL HOSPICE

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: JOGSCOTLAND RELAY - FUNDRAISER FOR LOCAL HOSPICE

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:25 pm

ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:33 pm

fab photos 4th, that first one just sums up the spirit of the day, brilliant :D

well done to each and every runner - a day of supporting each other and supporting a great cause on the way round :wink:

brilliant effort from all 30 participants :D

must add a massive thanks to Mr John Armour (vehicular support)(carolines daddy), for what must have been a very long 4 and 1/2 hours drive and for your kind donation :D

and a wee mention for my patient hubby for ferrying us all up and down in and out :wink: :oops: :D He's away for a very well deserved Father's Day pint or two now :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Well what a day.......

From the shock of the first stint, to the adrenaline of the finish! Left the house today down to Kirk Street to find out the stint I would do! After downing a couple of Anadin, I am handed a sheet to find out I am in the first stint of 4 miles! The hill after Sheep Fanks is an almightly killer! Poor Jock must have laught when he seen me panting up the hill! The best bit was seeing the yellow bus and the the ladies scream for us to finish! That 1st 4 miles done!

Then we had the bus run round, from seeing "Snow White" to Devils Elbow! :lol: We've had some tour in the Big Yella bus!
And of course our first feed of the day at 4th Gen and missus! We could have waited all day! But into town for the next loads to start! By the way where did the vase of flowers come from??

After a small wait of munching on the lovely Jog Leader spread (peanut butter and jelly - they are the best!, we headed out to Stewarton to meet the last load in! So Pan, Moi, Susie and myself headed out on foot to meet them. Moy bound we met, and then Witchurn we met everyone!! Every Jog person, foot and bike bound we made it into town, down for a tour round the roundabout and up main street! Back to Kirk Street! What a sight!!!

What can I say, we have had the most brilliant day! And I'm sure it's not just myself that say this but on behalf of all Jog Scotland we are proud of what we done today and what we have done for charity! We wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for all the JS leaders - you know who you are and of course Fiona28! Our support through the whole thing from start to finish! She does not take the credit we give her! And of course Stanley, or yellow bus man! A huge thankyou for giving Fathers Day up for this! And his helpers of Morgan and Miller!! Cheering us and giving sweeties! We couldn't have done it without you!

Typing this I've left a few JS ladies in the Burnside - If you see them pick them up and send them home!!

And 4th Gen - Nice to meet you today!! A face to the persona!! :lol:
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby TYM » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:16 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote: And, I am afraid you will have to include me OUT for tomorrow :( :( :? :x
But I will be out and about to greet and meet and join in with the fun......jeezo, I am annoyed at myself for playing...it was great playing with all my old team mates and friends of near 30 years for one LAST time....but, it now has to be last time.

4th Gen, you have brought a tear to my eye. Everyone was saying how you could still do a job for Southend but now you say you are never going to play football again. Injuries are only temporary. What a great day we had yesterday and congratulations to all who seemed to have a great day today. Remember the good moments and forget the pain of the bad ones.
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ileach B » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Just have to say 4th Gen done a grand job today! Not on foot but on bike!! Southend into town! Great support!! Even tho he lost his sunglasses and mobile in the space of 5 minutes! :lol:
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:41 am

Ileach B wrote: Even tho he lost his sunglasses and mobile in the space of 5 minutes! :lol:

I seemed to take a wee doze of absent mindnesses for a short while!! maybe it was Gail's white wine! it went straight to my head! and I left my new Wee Toon Runners T Shirt in the hall as well :roll:

wait a minute......where's my bike? :? :oops: :)

About the football....my stance is maybe softening!!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:08 pm

thanks so much for your hospitality mr and mrs 4th, thats the second time you've been gracious hosts to Jogscotland - next step is to try and get you runnin regular with the club - the craic would be great :D

i think it really was an amazing sight us all goin down the big kiln and then when a tour of the cross was decided - well it was just brilliant. :lol:

Ileach B - a great report of the day, im just proud to be one of you all and VERY, VERY PROUD OF YOU ALL - even tho you are all bloody nutters :D :wink: :D :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:33 pm

Ileach B wrote:Well what a day.......

By the way where did the vase of flowers come from??

After a small wait of munching on the lovely Jog Leader spread (peanut butter and jelly - they are the best!, we headed out to Stewarton to meet the last load in! So Pan, Moi, Susie and myself headed out on foot to meet them. Moy bound we met, and then Witchurn we met everyone!! Every Jog person, foot and bike bound we made it into town, down for a tour round the roundabout and up main street! Back to Kirk Street! What a sight!!!

What can I say, we have had the most brilliant day! And I'm sure it's not just myself that say this but on behalf of all Jog Scotland we are proud of what we done today and what we have done for charity! We wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for all the JS leaders - you know who you are and of course Fiona28! Our support through the whole thing from start to finish! She does not take the credit we give her! And of course Stanley, or yellow bus man! A huge thankyou for giving Fathers Day up for this! And his helpers of Morgan and Miller!! Cheering us and giving sweeties! We couldn't have done it without you!

Typing this I've left a few JS ladies in the Burnside - If you see them pick them up and send them home!!

:lol:

You summed up the day well IleachB...... it was a fantastic day from start to finish . Sounds like everyone really enjoyed themselves and everything went like clock work ...a huge thanks to everyone who did their bit in making this event such a success . You did it again fiona28 . Everyone ran their 'leg' well and it was great to see how everyone encouraged and supported each other along. What a team we have .....so proud to be part of it. Thanks guys . A huge thanks to John Armour for his patience and keeping us safe . Imagine having to follow 30 bums and 30 pairs of legs round the learside.
:lol: Also a big thanks to Stan for driving the big yella bus and giving up his special day for us.Hope you enjoyed that well deserved pint . Morgan and Miller you were stars ,leaders in the making. :) Another big thanks go to mrs 4th gen for her hospitality and nibbles when we arrived at Polliwilline .....homemade quich, fresh veg and dip etc and fresh flowers on the picnic table too and that was before we enjoyed the big spread back at the Red Cross hall. What a feast we had .....with plenty of fluids to wash it all down. :wink:

great pics too 4th gen ...brilliant one Ags, Joan, Caro and Mr T . It sure captured the fun of the day. More to follow ...watch the space.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:37 pm

Ileach B wrote:Well what a day.......

:lol:

Why did no-one send me home ....... :oops: :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:49 pm

Still trying to figure out how to put the photos on .....I think I will be here all night ... :oops:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:53 pm

come on pans cant wait to see them, but it'll need to be morning for me, away to bed. :D

dont u wait up too late wee pans, after your big night last night :wink: its a mystery how nobody put you hame :lol:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:01 pm

fiona28 wrote:come on pans cant wait to see them, but it'll need to be morning for me, away to bed. :D

dont u wait up too late wee pans, after your big night last night :wink: its a mystery how nobody put you hame :lol:

Gie up ....too tired the night ..I think . Off to bed myself . :oops:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:08 pm

Look at the style and speed of Syd running to catch up!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:58 pm

Needing to get the photo of our new JS model on!!

The one's I took in the Burnside are too dark to post! :( But then maybe that's a good thing! :lol:
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby tilly » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:40 pm

Hi Guys i would also like to say what a fantastic day we had giving encouragement to one another on each leg of our run. I had a brilliant day, great girls to run with, no one taking off, great team effort and encouragement to keep me going up that great big brae i thought it was never going to end panting and peching to the top. I'm supprised you couldn't hear me back home lol. I even had the plasters for my knees incase i had to crawl up and left them skint lol what a sight that would have been as though Jock wasn't tortured enough going at a snails pace behind us. I would also like to thank Mr and Mrs 4rth Gen for their hospitality all food great and i think we were all hungrier than we thought. The quiche was lovely thanks again.
Stanley, Jock and kids thanks for being patient and chaperoning us on our run. Everything we have all achieved was for a great cause which has touched us all through someone we know. I'm sure the McMillan nurses will be happy with our contribution towards the sunshine room. The day was a great success and i'm just glad so many of us gave our time to have some fun together. For the hardcore JS girls who went onto the pub i have heard you all had a great time with the breakdancing granny well done. maybe next time i will manage to stay out a bit later.

Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run