Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Glasgow 10k and Half Marathon Sept 7th

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:25 pm

Best of luck to all you runners. When it comes to your last mile, whether it be in the 10K or the half, and you're not sure whether you should go for it or just sit back, think back to all of the training you've done and you will surprise yourself.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:08 pm

Rabmacd wrote:Best of luck to all you runners. When it comes to your last mile, whether it be in the 10K or the half, and you're not sure whether you should go for it or just sit back, think back to all of the training you've done and you will surprise yourself.

Thanks Rab ..and for the words of wisdom for the last mile ...I feel I am not up to par with my training as i would have liked and feel a 'little' under pressure for Sunday. I never thought I would ever say this but I feel I would rather do the half marathon now as I feel I can sustain slower pace for longer just now. Will just go and give it my best shot and enjoy it as a training run instead.

Well girls (all 21 of you ) 1 sleep and we are off on our journey to the big city ....2 sleeps to race day. See you all tomo sharp 10 am outside Aqualibrium . Hope you got the poster organised for the bus Caro . :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:39 pm

have all you bus drivers been up to malina at peugeot with your driving licenses??? :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:39 pm

Yes, gave Malina a copy of my licence (points and all).......no only jokin, they came off last year. :wink:

Lookin forward to the weekend and Heather is raring to go, canna wait to do her first 10k :D :D :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby tilly » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Heather good luck for your first 10k see how far you have come on. Brill have a great time.
Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ileach B » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:44 pm

Got a stinking cold coming on!! Just hoping a good dose on Lemsip's over today and tomorrow will clear it!! If not going to have to re-think running! :( Which not wanting to do as had a good run on Thursday night with adverage 10 minute miles!!

Also bought the pro-plus as it is early start of 4.30am on Sunday for me!!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:05 pm

thats awful ileach b , fingers and toes crossed for you :D :D

well done katfer just yourself and myself managed to hand in licences to malina :D cheers for that :D

heather will be great, is she running with you katfer :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:20 am

Hi girlies - its awfy late and you will be tucked up in your wee beds with the race packs all organised! Tried to log on before I went out tonight but damn computer was having none of it.....anyway.......have a fabulous time! Enjoy your run up tomorrow and your lovely italian meal tomorrow night. Early bed and nae sneaking oot after "lights oot" :wink:! I'm sure you will all do well on Sunday and I will be thinking about you all....! I actually need to go to Glasgow on sunday now so am kind of wishing I had held on to my seat on the bus but not sure if my ikea flat packs would have squeezed in among the rehydration water bottles on the way back :lol: Have a great time - and make sure you all pay for your rooms cos its my credit card details they have if you dont :? :lol: Keep us posted x
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby caro » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks everyone for wishing us well :) I have been conspicuous in my absence from the forum as I have not been running regularly over the summer and am now kicking myself for not managing to devote more time to training :?

However - as if a wee thing like that is going to stop me from enjoying the run itself and of course the good company of the Jog Scotland Crew!! :D :D Pans - the poster is ready - hope you have your notepad and pen???

Ags - will miss you and your plastic cups this year! :D Ooops - that sounds a bit rude!? :lol: Massive thanks from everyone for booking and dealing with the accommodation especially with you not managing to make it - I'm sure everyone appreciates you taking that on - expect regular texts!!! :D

The number's packed but think I'm 5157 - all the best everyone - see you at the finish (hopefully!!) :oops:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby caro » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:26 am

Nope ........ it's 5751!!! :oops:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 am

here we go girlies here we go here we go - thanks for that ags, you are most articulate at 2am - not much grape juice on the go :wink: i echo caro with thanks of all you have done for the group getting us booked, thankless tasks :wink: they are always done by someone arent they :D

a great weekend ahead, spare seat on the bus if you want it ags :wink:

see you there caro :D

tilly has left something up and she has sealed the bag so well that absolutely no peeking is possible and im under strict instructions on how and when to open it, :wink: :lol: thanks tilly shame you not coming with us - you WILL COME the next time :evil:

away to get ready see you all at aqualibrium at 10 - sharp :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:08 am

caro wrote:Thanks everyone for wishing us well :) I However - as if a wee thing like that is going to stop me from enjoying the run itself and of course the good company of the Jog Scotland Crew!! :D :D Pans - the poster is ready - hope you have your notepad and pen???

Ags - will miss you and your plastic cups this year! :D Ooops - that sounds a bit rude!? :lol: Massive thanks from everyone for booking and dealing with the accommodation especially with you not managing to make it - I'm sure everyone appreciates you taking that on - expect regular texts!!! :D

:oops:

Got the notepad and pen ready Caro....thanks to Nathan for helping with poster :D

Yes, Ags we will miss your company this trip but may see you on the road somewhere ..you will probably hear us first especially after the' box' gets opened. :lol: :lol: Thanks again for all your help in organising our weekend.Weeowe you a refreshment or two. :wink:

Oop Fiona28 forogot to give Malina my licence ,I thought she had a copy from last time. Will pop up this morning before I go.

HEre we go here we go ........in the big white bus this time . :D :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:23 am

[quote="caro"]
Ags - will miss you and your plastic cups this year! :D Ooops - that sounds a bit rude!? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote="fiona28"]here we go girlies here we go here we go - thanks for that ags, you are most articulate at 2am - not much grape juice on the go :wink:
:lol: I was reasonably articulate wasn't I :?: ......managed a few wee vinos but a reasonably sensible night and I will be as teetotal as you girlies tonight! The new sensible me :lol: Blimey next thing you know I will have my trainers on and be out running again :D .
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby tilly » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:14 am

Hi girls glad u all had a fab time up the road and runnin was good, great for Lindsey getting a personal best havent heard of any others yet well done Katie for i think Fiona said around the 45 mins god u must have been flying.
Thanks for taking care of Tilly junior she seems to have had a fab time but a way to her bed now don't know what u's have done to her but she's burnt oot. wonderin if it was the run on the back of a strange mans bike that done it :lol:
Enjoyed tonight and catching up on everyones race news. including the story of the caterpillar in Pans Lass dinner :lol: poor soul think i'd been put off eating anything else.
Hope u r all compas mentos in the mornin especially those who have to work.
Can't wait to see photos.
Tilly :D
tilly
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:15 am

Meant to post a "good luck/enjoy" message on Friday or Satrurday morning but events overtook me!...certainly looking forward to hearing all the stories and seeing the photos :D
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run