10k training

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: 10k training

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:26 am

Well that is another week over with Tues and Thurs Katfer training sessions . Dread but love them :D Starting to feel the difference already but still a long way off to where I want to be however the support from everyone keeps me going . See you all next week.

Another 6 miles in the bank this week . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Tues: w/up, 3 x sprint & hill loops, c/down

Thurs: w/up, 3 mile tempo run, c/down
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Katfer » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Well that's another week of 10k training over, everyone is working really hard and starting to see improvement which is great. :D :Well done everyone and really enjoy your company.

1 mile warm up tonight and then 3 mile tempo and cool down, I clocked up over 6 miles but the rest of the gang would have clcoked up more as I could only be out for the hour, so well done everyone.

Tuesday night we did the sprints down past Jocks Boat and sprints up to the Grammar school x 3, which was hard but good to do hills for change (even although I hate hills :evil: :evil: )

Plan to have a day off tomorrow as also went out Jen21 last night and she nearly killed me with speed, so will do 4 brisk miles on Sat and 8 easy miles on Sunday (hopefully!!).

See you all next week :D :D
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Tonight was tough but is getting easier week by week, I went a bit further tonight while waiting on the football training to finish, I clocked my miles at 8.5,with Elaine as my pace maker :oops: she pushes on a bit too.
I really enjoyed tonights run for 1 reason only, yes you've guessed it, I finaly got to run against (AND BEAT) DJD, :D Yaasss, get in there :lol: :lol: .
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:54 pm

Nice one

Looking forward to the re-match

Well maybe
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:17 am

Ok DJD no problem, but the only time im free is the 29th Feb, at half 3 in the morning. see you then. :lol: dont sleep in noo. :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Katfer wrote:Well that's another week of 10k training over, everyone is working really hard and starting to see improvement which is great. :D :Well done everyone and really enjoy your company.

1 mile warm up tonight and then 3 mile tempo and cool down, I clocked up over 6 miles but the rest of the gang would have clcoked up more as I could only be out for the hour, so well done everyone.

Tuesday night we did the sprints down past Jocks Boat and sprints up to the Grammar school x 3, which was hard but good to do hills for change (even although I hate hills :evil: :evil: )

See you all next week :D :D

Another good week Katfer ...Tuesdays session was hard but I can see me reaping the rewards of all that speed/hill training as felt a huge improvement on my tempo run last night ...really pleased with myself . :D I am sure everyone feels the same . :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:04 am

Tues: Pyramid session.

Sprints: 4mins, 3mins, 2min, 1min, 2mins, 3mins, 4mins with 1 min recovery between each repeat

Thurs: Hills :twisted: :twisted:

8 x 1min hill repeats
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:56 am

:<> :<> No this cant be right, we did hills last week :shock: :shock:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 pm

I just know how much you loved the hills, I thought I'd have them again this week.

It must be good for you :wink: :wink:

Plus, need all the practice I can get for those hills at Nigel Barge 10k! :oops: :oops:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Katfer wrote:Plus, need all the practice I can get for those hills at Nigel Barge 10k! :oops: :oops:

I dont mind the hills Katfer but starting to worry about those hills at the Nigel Barge you keep mentioning ... :oops:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:03 am

Pans Lass wrote:
Katfer wrote:Plus, need all the practice I can get for those hills at Nigel Barge 10k! :oops: :oops:

I dont mind the hills Katfer but starting to worry about those hills at the Nigel Barge you keep mentioning ... :oops:

Yeah me too Pans Lass, you know me I hate hills!!!

Won't make tomorrow night's training as I'm off so going to do my run in the morning but will try to come on Thursday for hill training as I doubt I'd do them on my own!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 am

Sorry, but the hills will seem nothing to you lot. I just panic when I think of hills. :<> :<> I think I just got such a shock last year when I encountered them as the course was advertised as flat! As far as I can remember there are two fairly steep inclines (one near the start and one near the end of the loop) and one steady incline but also downhills!!

Elaine, think we are going to do the hills tonight instead of Thursday to fit in with Jen21's schedule. Hope this ok with you.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:33 pm

That's fine, I managed a few hills this morning. How was it? I seen jen21 doing the knockscalbert hill and looking strong.

I might just go out early on Thursday anyway as want to give blood later.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Not as bad as I thought. But still very tough :oops: :oops:

Everyone put their heart and soul into those hills tonight and can say now that I felt each hill became easier than the one before. Wee Moi was flyin :wink:

Jen 21, I don't how you managed 2 mins up that hill x 10, but didn't seem to phase you.

We finished with a cool down to the shipyard and back to the pool which turned out more like a tempo run.....think we were still on a high that the hills were over! So with the warm up, hills and cool down, we covered just over 5 miles.

Well done everyone.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run