Runners World Race Review 2013

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Runners World

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:19 am

Done
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 pm

everybody has given 100% for the organisation so far except one Peter c Paterson! emdy know him ? :lol:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:58 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:everybody has given 100% for the organisation so far except one Peter c Paterson! emdy know him ? :lol:

That puzzled me too 4th gen ....think the heat got to him after running 13 miles in a kilt , maybe did something to the brain :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:19 pm

4th Gen, I was'nt happy with the way you organised me to clear the stones on the beach, that hurt my legs and cost me precious minutes, well maybe second's. lol

On a serious note though,there was a little incident on the final mile, where a young woman was in quite a bad shape, and required medical help, and the nearest marshall to her was 500mtr away, but he had no way to contact the paramedics, this incident could have been much worse.
I answered the questions as honestly as possible, I dont think that the fact I only marked it 80% will harm the credibility of this event some how.
I was, like so many other's, concerned for her well being, it was very hot, there was no air, and she was in trouble. This was why I marked it down one.
It is in no way a slur to the committee and everyone connected to the MOK run, they do and have done in previous year's, a fantastic job.
I'm sorry, but I say it as I see it, thats just me.

Ps, I noticed at least another 2 had marked it the same as me. Now I wonder why they did that.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:55 am

thanks for raising the point Ninja, we are always looking for just that kind of feedback and striving to improve and make things better for future years.

I was only being flippant and light hearted in my castigation of you marking us down! :)

And anyway, it was you and NJ and Alastair working like terriers shifting these stones then filling in that ditch with sleepers and sand that made the entry to the beach so perfect...worth a few seconds off your time and the sweat shed doing the work :D

Keep the ratings coming folks...it makes a huge difference.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:10 pm

Some fantastic feedback on runners world! :D

Ninja Mania wrote:4th Gen, I was'nt happy with the way you organised me to clear the stones on the beach, that hurt my legs and cost me precious minutes, well maybe second's. lol

On a serious note though,there was a little incident on the final mile, where a young woman was in quite a bad shape, and required medical help, and the nearest marshall to her was 500mtr away, but he had no way to contact the paramedics, this incident could have been much worse.
I answered the questions as honestly as possible, I dont think that the fact I only marked it 80% will harm the credibility of this event some how.
I was, like so many other's, concerned for her well being, it was very hot, there was no air, and she was in trouble. This was why I marked it down one.
It is in no way a slur to the committee and everyone connected to the MOK run, they do and have done in previous year's, a fantastic job.

Thanks for raising Ninja, we will note this for improvement for next year as safety and wellbeing of participants is paramount. We did brief our marshals and asked them to have mobile phones with them so they could contact paramedics/red cross etc in case of an emergency, so this situation was unfortunate glad that the person was seen to quickly and is now recovered. We try our best to have as many marshalls as possible and we are eternally grateful to all marshalls and volunteers who help out each year to make the event happen. Unfortunately we just don't have enough of them to have them every 50 metres ninja :wink:
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 pm

The reason I made the point Elaine, was to highlight the fact that the marshall nearest to the woman, had no way to contact paramedics.
Being made aware of these minor points is not a slur on you or any of the committee or volunteers. Its just a small issue that needs to be addressed and dealt with next time.
I take my hat off to you all for all your hard work too make this event the sucess it is, but feedback is also a very important factor in the success of events like these, is it not?
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kevin Mc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 am

What does "PB potential" mean? :?:
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby rabidcabbage » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:54 am

Pullin' Burds - I got mine in the Wee Toon!
rabidcabbage
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby madscotsbloke » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:59 pm

haha, me too as a matter of fact.

Jules does however stipulate that I am no longer allowed to pursue PB's anymore!!! :lol:
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:58 pm

rabidcabbage wrote:Pullin' Burds - I got mine in the Wee Toon!

:lol: :lol: Brilliant rabid
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:08 pm

Kevin Mc wrote:What does "PB potential" mean? :?:

Sorry Kevin but to answer your question to one I didnt know when i started running either but PB means 'Personal Best ' as explained in detail below . :oops:

Once you've run your first road race, you have a PB, or a "Personal Best." It refers to your best time in a race of a specific distance. So, if you run a 5K race in 28:45, that's your PB for the 5K distance. If you run faster than 28:45 in a subsequent 5K race, then you have a new PB for that distance. So you'll have PBs for different race distances, from 1-milers to marathons.
You may also hear some runners call their best race times "PRs" or "Personal Records." Whatever they call it, experienced runners love to talk about their PBs because it helps them stay motivated to keep training and racing. It's also fun to keep track of your PBs in your training log, so you can refer back to them and record a new one when you achieve it.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kevin Mc » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Pans Lass wrote:
Kevin Mc wrote:What does "PB potential" mean? :?:

Sorry Kevin but to answer your question to one I didnt know when i started running either but PB means 'Personal Best ' as explained in detail below . :oops:

Once you've run your first road race, you have a PB, or a "Personal Best." It refers to your best time in a race of a specific distance. So, if you run a 5K race in 28:45, that's your PB for the 5K distance. If you run faster than 28:45 in a subsequent 5K race, then you have a new PB for that distance. So you'll have PBs for different race distances, from 1-milers to marathons.
You may also hear some runners call their best race times "PRs" or "Personal Records." Whatever they call it, experienced runners love to talk about their PBs because it helps them stay motivated to keep training and racing. It's also fun to keep track of your PBs in your training log, so you can refer back to them and record a new one when you achieve it.

Thanks Pans Lass :)

Shame it's not "Pullin' Burds" as Rabidcabbage said :wink: :D
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 pm

45 votes ...keep them coming folks as we need at least 50 votes to qualify us to be considered in the top UK races of 2010.

Thanks to everyone who has rated the MOK already . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Runners World Race Reviews 2012

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Lets make is 3 years in a row .....If you have not done it already please rate this years MOK . We need at least 50 reviews to qualify !

Pans Lass wrote:
I know some of you had a hard time following the link ...first register if you havent already on http://www.runnersworld.co.uk ...then click on the home page ...scroll down to see 'events finder' ...click on that and it will take you to a search site .....key in Mull Of Kintyre in full not MOK and then put June 2012 in month box. You will then come up with the race site ....click on the highlighted words in red 'Mull of Kintyre Half marathon &10K ' and scroll down to see 'add your rating' ...click on that then follow the steps.....hope this helps . :wink:

Thank you
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run