Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: Wee Toon Runners Handicap Series

Postby fiona28 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:49 pm

I am in receipt of my running gear for this series, but feel like i may be better suited to playing for the pupils or the boys with it on :lol: hoots the scoop ninja - thought the reason we were getting these was to have the number on the front to make things easier for djd n his helpers???

Also I asked for hot pants :lol: do not feel hot in these big shorts :lol: cant wait to see us all kitted out en masse :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:55 pm

lol fiona28, Stu couldn't stop laughing with me with my gear on - I look like a Liverpool FC reserve :lol: Far too big for me - i've had it in the tumble dryer all weekend to shrink it a little! Shorts go past my knees!

Very good quality adidas gear though.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:06 pm

Sorry Lainy, defo my fault with yours, I knew you wanted a small.
Fiona, you choose the size, I did pre warn everyone about sizing, your just a wee puiny thing, its a small you got but maybe a babygrow size would have fitted you better, oh and pans lass too :lol: :lol: :lol: Look on the bright side, you only have to wear it a min of 4 times. :D
Its hard to get everything right, but apart from the wee bottom'd girls I hope everyone one else is happy.
Even my shorts need to be rolled at the waist band to bring them up above my knees, och well it add's to the fun of the event, and the number is on the front of your shorts FiFi, so you'll need to wear them. :<> ha ha
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:11 pm

fiona28 wrote: hoots the scoop ninja - thought the reason we were getting these was to have the number on the front to make things easier for djd n his helpers

We have spoke to DJD regarding this, he said I see no problem, as the time keeper can sit facing the finish line and clock the numbers, it should be ok, I hope. :roll:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:17 pm

I'll puiny thing you ninja, im fair proud of my full j'lo buttocks :lol: its not really the fit for me its the length but as long as i wear my fitba socks ill be fine, you know ninja its not the running that's important, its how you look while you r doing it :lol: im away to find matching trainers :lol: and sweatband :wink:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:19 pm

J'Lo, my ass. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, but I could not hold back there. I did try honest. :twisted:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:24 pm

8) :wink: :lol:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:11 am

I've no problem filling mine - including the shorts! :oops: :oops: Peter, think they look great. Well done. Not sure that I will always wear mine but thanks, nice touch to organise this. Well done.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi All

l am just waiting for some info back for the wife's shirt as l am going to get an Iron number for the front, if l am happy with the reply l will order it for her,also l will order others too.

She is happy with her shirt too.Its a shame they cocked it up at the other end on the order Ninja.Probably they could not get their heads around why the number should be on the front and thought it must be a mistake.

At least the numbers on the front of the shorts or in the wife's case, a Thong,

(lol and its only banter befor someone says l am cruel about her)
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:52 pm

elainemck wrote:lol fiona28, Stu couldn't stop laughing with me with my gear on - I look like a Liverpool FC reserve :lol: Far too big for me - i've had it in the tumble dryer all weekend to shrink it a little! Shorts go past my knees!

Very good quality adidas gear though.

Tried to shrink mine too Elaine but it didna work ...that material doesnt shrink ...lol lol ....think you and I could fit into one set . :lol: Dont worry fiona28 I quite good on the sewing machine and can make yours into a pair of hot pants for you .

Ninja Mania wrote:Its hard to get everything right, but apart from the wee bottom'd girls I hope everyone one else is happy.
Even my shorts need to be rolled at the waist band to bring them up above my knees, och well it add's to the fun of the event, and the number is on the front of your shorts FiFi, so you'll need to wear them. :<> ha ha

Tried rolling them up Ninja but still too big so I am going to cut mine in length (which cuts the number off) and stitch the number from the shorts to the front of my shirt problem solved :lol: Dont want them falling down half way thru a race. :oops:

Anyway you did your best Ninja ...its all part of the fun as you say :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:42 pm

Thats a good idea Pan's Lass, I might ask Moyra to get the machine out.
Iron on number is another idea and not hard to do, but I have 2 top's so I was thinking of cutting them both in half and getting the two numbered bit's sewn together 8) then it would'nt mateer whether I wore it backwards or backwards :lol: :lol:
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:42 pm

cheers pants lass :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Ninja, meant to say thanks for getting it all organised and great price too. If we get the synchronised finish this year - we'll all look good coming in in the gear, long shorts an all :) DJD could maybe get some music organised - a theme tune - match of the day or similar ( am no bothered about the number on the back - but if it makes it easier for DJD's team get me an iron number for the front
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Thats ok Jackie, i'm only sorry that they cocked up the numbers.
As for theme tune finish, surely this would be more appropriate....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7Vu7cq ... re=related

Maybe some Saturday wee toon runners can do a bare foot run along westport waters edge just like these guy's. 8)
Does'nt the Carlton look a bit like the Royal?
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:49 pm

tremendous Ninja---THE best "sports" film of all time, though Clint Eastwoods "Invictus" is rumoured to take that mantle

Signed

The Eric Liddell Loyal----what a man he was.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run