Old bones

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Old bones

Postby Joan Brown » Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Have just received my race pack for the Mokrun 10k- and after reading about all the training you are all doing I am beginning to wonder if my old bones will get me round again this year ( didn't manage to take part last year) however, someone has to be last, it's not the running, it's the taking part etc etc! I know I will enjoy it all and the atmosphere will be great as usual. By the way, are there any other 70 plus runners taking part- it would be interesting to meet up to discuss training etc. See you all soon!
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Old bones

Postby Govangirl » Tue May 04, 2010 7:49 pm

Joan, I just had to say 'Good for you!' With an attitude like that, everything will go great. You go, girl!!!! :D
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Wed May 05, 2010 6:51 am

I remember your run a couple of years ago. You are an inspiration.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Wed May 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Good on yer Joan! I`m only in my 60s and couldn`t even contemplate doing something like this.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed May 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Joan,you have the heart of a youngster and who's betting you will not be at the end.

Go for it girl.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby TB » Wed May 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Joan,
I'm only in my forties and I'm worried when reading about all the training that's going on down in the Wee Toon :lol: :lol: it's putting my training schedule to shame :oops: . However saying that, reading the posts inspires me to get out there and run. I'm really looking forward to the 30th and hoping to improve on last year's time. ................. just remember Joan, age is only a number. :wink:
TB
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Joan Brown » Thu May 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks for all your encouraging replies,see you soon!
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Pans Lass » Fri May 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Joan Brown wrote:Have just received my race pack for the Mokrun 10k- and after reading about all the training you are all doing I am beginning to wonder if my old bones will get me round again this year ( didn't manage to take part last year) however, someone has to be last, it's not the running, it's the taking part etc etc! I know I will enjoy it all and the atmosphere will be great as usual. By the way, are there any other 70 plus runners taking part- it would be interesting to meet up to discuss training etc. See you all soon!

Hi Joan

Good to hear you are back in action for the MOK 2010 , just brilliant , I just hope I will still be running in my 50's let alone my 70's :wink:

You are an inspiration and we at JS look forward to catching up with you on the day and of course at the ceildih :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:43 am

hey joan

truly age is only a number - you rock girl - and there is NO WAY you will be last.

see you soon xx
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run