Times gone by

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Times gone by

Postby ex campbeltown lady » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Stumbled on these old views of Campbeltown and posted to see if anyone can shed any light on them. Looking at the cars and clothes i would think they were taken in the sixties.

ex campbeltown lady
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Times gone by

Postby Iain » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:34 pm

My Mother Robina MacArthur Black on the left ; Gladys Mackeral a friend in the middle ; my Aunt May Black of Daniels the tobacconist. About 1955:
Attachments
Mum, Gladys Mckerral and  May Black.jpg
Mum, Gladys Mckerral and May Black.jpg (456.74 KiB) Viewed 12091 times
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Times gone by

Postby glassblower » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 am

Regarding the date's of the photo's, the first car (you can just see the front of) is a Morris or Austin 1100, the Morris was launched on 15 August 1962, the Austin was launched in August 1963. Think that give's a good idea of the date for that particular photo, as a side note my dad had a few "1100's" and for there day were quiet good. One I will always remember was a red Austin 1100 (registration 23 WVO) that I partly demolished a wall with just a few miles south of Inverrary around 1964/65 on my way home from a holiday in Campbeltown, no injuries but a fair bit of damage to the offside of the car.
glassblower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Photos from around Kintyre