Boat Names

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Boat Names

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:16 am

Hopefully something others can add to and perhaps add some stories.

Just a reflection which I thought came out okay 8)

Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sweltered » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:17 am

Last time I saw the Remembrance, it was on Ebay..

The Rolls Royce of the fleet, welll until 1985 it was...
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:54 am

last time i saw it, it was towing up and down off lochranza last wednesday, i tried explaining the process of clamming to my daughter and hopefully the boys had the £1,000 plus day i envisaged once i'd added a bit to the price of a dozen in the period since i was at sea and the average bag or 15 doz a haul for the day.

as for the peaceful waters? i remember her back in 1978 when i went to sea under the command of nigel McCrindle, brother of my old friend, the famous "sharkman" Howard and Neville, nigel and neville are both successful beamer skippers on the south coast and howard? the last i heard he was working for a research group based on Bute, doing what he does best, following basking sharks and telling tall tales. he was writing a book the last time i spoke to him but i recently tried to find out if it was ever published and could find nothing more recent than 2004. it would be a better read than some other clyde fishing books that are doing the rounds, in that it would be thorough and unbiased.

the peaceful waters spent a few years in tarbert, but i can't remember who had her? the coalman springs to mind, but i could well be wrong, when nigel had her she was crewed by davie, bomber and glynn, and for a time big charlie who didn't live up to his reputation one dark night on the walk to the hotel on gigha but screaming like a girl and taking to his heels when we were greeted by a deep voice coming from a ditch, the voice having taken a wee tumble on its way home from a cattle sale earlier in the day and had just woken from its slumber, belonged to, well i won't say who it belonged to as he's an honoured man on the island and might string me up the next time i visit.
general jack o'niell

Return to Photos from around Kintyre