Carradale 1971, 1972, 1978

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Carradale 1971, 1972, 1978

Postby Ticketty Boo! » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:03 am

1972 Aug Crubin barmaids
1972 Aug Carradale harbour
1972 Aug Carradale harbour tearoom
1971 Aug sheepdog at CarradaeHotel
1971 Aug pipe band at Patersons
1971 Aug Hill view of Carradale harbour
1971 Aug caravan at Port Righ
1972 Aug Gordon age 5 on Queen Mary II
1972 Aug Port Righ boats
1972 Aug Queen Mary II at Davaarl ighthouse
1972 Jul Carradale harbour
1972 Jul family at Carradale harbour.
1972 Jul Gordon age 5 at Carradale harbour
1972 Jul Trawler CN44
1978 Sep Carradale harbour
1978 Sep Crubin Dodie Taggie
Ye'll huv hud yer tea?
Ticketty Boo!
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jdcarra » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Great pics Gordon, recognise quite a few locals. Last pic not Taggie, you have Bob Connely in the black suit and next to Doddie looks like Willie Stevenson or is it one of your crowd. I, big Lachie all be fair chuffed with some oh them pics, standby Seeker Reaper 2 :lol: . Keep them coming.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 pm

More superb pictures there, Gordon. Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Arguing with someone on the internet is like mud wrestling with a pig.
After a while you realize the pig likes it." - Anon.
Beachcomber
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:36 am

The Cruban barmaids Gordon, I think the local school teacher in the red trousers forgot it was mini skirt day, but never the less, I think she'll be very pleased that she has'nt changed much at all since the pic :) .

The tearoom homebaking must have been good the way they are piling in the door :wink: .

The big old english sheepdog from Carradale Hotel (Jim McDougall's era) was called Wellington.

Dr Flora's, so you were the culprit for leaving the scrap caravans :roll: .

Second last photo, my first berth aboard the Harvest Queen CN167 (1974) :) .

jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:28 pm

was that one of the first of the "donna" wheelhooses? i'm trying to remember when we got ours, i know i was still in the school so it must have been 76 or 77? i do recall accompanying the "uncle" up on a snottery day with NE wind and him putting oot a window on the auld yin getting alongside in the harbour, with a big man yelling at him from the quay, something about "stupid so and so"?

great pics
general jack o'niell

Postby jdcarra » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:19 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:was that one of the first of the "donna" wheelhooses? i'm trying to remember when we got ours, i know i was still in the school so it must have been 76 or 77? i do recall accompanying the "uncle" up on a snottery day with NE wind and him putting oot a window on the auld yin getting alongside in the harbour, with a big man yelling at him from the quay, something about "stupid so and so"?

great pics

It was the first gen, and cost £470, the year Archie cannot mind, but will find out from Donna.

Picture end last year at Carradale Network Centre, needs a wee bit of TLC, project this year maybe. Read or saw something about your own boat on the net back end last year, need to have a look again, thought it was wheelhouse for sale, e-bay maybe?

jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby abbey craig » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:05 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:was that one of the first of the "donna" wheelhooses? i'm trying to remember when we got ours, i know i was still in the school so it must have been 76 or 77? i do recall accompanying the "uncle" up on a snottery day with NE wind and him putting oot a window on the auld yin getting alongside in the harbour, with a big man yelling at him from the quay, something about "stupid so and so"?

great pics

i didnt know you were at the fishing morris?? you might have said :wink:
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:47 pm

you can feck off for a start, aye i slept my way thru 18yrs at the fishin, much like your time at the yard.

on a more serious note, has anyone got pictures of CN110 or any other nobles built boats? pictures of them oot the watter would be good, i've just started making a model of the Jasmine and discovered i have very few pictures for reference purposes, with my mother still in australia i canna find any she might have, tho i've relieved her walls of a couple and some watercolours that i did yonks ago.

i'm not planning to be in the same league as D'Goode or uncle joe but i'd like it to at least look like the real thing, i'd like it to be a post wheelhouse, pre shelter version, so far the shape of the hull is coming completely from memory of all the times i had to paint her erse. i'm sure somebody has pictures that might be helpful to me, the ones i've found of nobles boats online help but i canna even print them out till my new printer arrives.

still it should take at least a year to make, if what i've read is correct, i've only been at it for two weeks, that included going straight to the shed the other morning after the superbowl ended at 3am. if a things worth doing, its worth doing right, so any help would be gratefully recieved
general jack o'niell

Postby Mr.Everready » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:28 pm

Mr.Everready
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:40 pm

been on this site often but i never go near the forums, not much of a one for gabbing with strangers using made up names.

thanks for the link, i'll give it a look

quiet waters (my made up name on that site)
general jack o'niell

Postby Mr.Everready » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:50 pm

Guessed that already, saw a comment you made about the Stella Maris. :wink:
Mr.Everready
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:11 pm

as long as it was the polite one? just thought it was a disgrace the state she has been left in after years of care and attention that she was given when she was working.
general jack o'niell

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:04 pm

just got an email yesterday from alastair noble, he is very kindly sending me a wee loan of all the original plans and drawings, theres a few good wans still aboot, theres naw many would be so generous and apologise for not getting back to me quicker as he had to hunt them out, as they are fifty years old this year. i'll have to treat them like they were the decleration of arbroath and no abbey, thats naw a recipe for soup!!!!!
general jack o'niell

Return to Photos from around Kintyre