Campbeltown Trip

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Campbeltown Trip

Postby FlyingDragon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:16 am

Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Campbeltown Trip

Postby FlyingDragon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:32 pm

Some of the photos are from Saddell and TORRISDALE Castle area. Caroline and I are especially fond of trees. I will post some more photos from my trips to the Mull of Kintyre, Carradale, Davaar ,ect. soon. There is much more than beautiful scenery here- it is the true quality of friendship that one finds here that makes it such a wonderful place. Truly Campbeltown and the surrounding area is a Paradise.
Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Kevin Mc » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:06 am

FlyingDragon wrote: There is much more than beautiful scenery here- it is the true quality of friendship that one finds here that makes it such a wonderful place. Truly Campbeltown and the surrounding area is a Paradise.

I think it is easy to take the scenery for granted for the people who stay up there, but it is a beautiful part of the world. Always love the drive from Loch Lomond to Campbeltown (ignoring the state of the roads!)

You're from a great part of the world too. After frequent trips to London with work, I was expecting the same on a visit to New York in 2005, though was pleasantly surprised at the politeness of the people we met and the cleanliness of the city. I felt a lot safer walking around in NYC than in Leicester let alone London! I can only remember one miserable git, but she was in Secaucus NJ!

Look forward to the other pics :)
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby FlyingDragon » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:53 am

I felt a lot safer walking around in NYC than in Leicester let alone London!

There are polite people all over the world-but I see a unique quality of friendliness in Scotland and the entire UK that can only be ascribed to their hardy attitude toward life in general. From the beginning of time one finds that your people-(my ancestors) exploring every continent. I am happy to say that I have both Scottish and English ancestors. The Campbells are in my bloodline, which also is in my Wife's as well. In Campbeltown I see a way of life that many men dream of and few ever find. Marrying my wife has brought me that little piece of heaven.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby gizmo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:58 am

Finding out you have English ancesters would have been bad enough but then to find out about the Campbell line must have been devastating.. Still at least you dont have ginger hair.. :lol:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby FlyingDragon » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Finding out you have English ancestors would have been bad enough but then to find out about the Campbell line must have been devastating.. Still at least you don't have ginger hair..

I still can't get over the fact that we all come from one progeny:) One of my daughters has red hair, and so does on of my sons. My mother has red hair and so does my grandfather on her side. My father had black hair. It is fascinating to see so much history in one place. Where is the burial site of Aidan?
The earliest recorded example of the name Arthur in British records occurs as Arturius in Adomnan's "Life of Columba", written in the 7th century AD, where it is the name of a 6th century prince of the Scots, Arturius, who was the son of Aidan. Aidan was a king of the Scots from 574 AD
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Photos from around Kintyre