Mull Of Kintyre Lighhouse

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Mull Of Kintyre Lighhouse

Postby FlyingDragon » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:57 pm

Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Mull Of Kintyre Lighhouse

Postby ionnsaigh » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Great pics Dragon - I found the house quite eerie - the walk back up is something to remember - phew.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby FlyingDragon » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:42 pm

We took plenty of pictures of our trip, including six hours video footage. The house just before you get to the lighthouse does seem quite eerie. One has to like such seclusion to live there year round. What is cool about your area is that the Scottish Trust rents out such places as The Mull of Kintyre Lighthouse for a reasonable fee. I believe renting the lighthouse starts at 400 pounds. Not bad for a priceless vacation! The castle at Saddell is open for rent as well. Next year I hope to explore Saint Kieran's cave, which is said to be four miles down from Davaar Island.
Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby numberplease » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:25 am

More wonderful pictures! You did what I found I couldn`t manage, making your way down there and back up again. I waited at the top whilst my husband went down, but he only went as far as the memorial cairn, so these photos are really interesting to me.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby FlyingDragon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:15 pm

More wonderful pictures! You did what I found I couldn`t manage, making your way down there and back up again. I waited at the top whilst my husband went down, but he only went as far as the memorial cairn, so these photos are really interesting to me.

It is quite a walk to the lighthouse, but the view there is spectacular! I imagine diving out in the Mull area must hold a lot of great old shipwrecks. Hopefully When the boats open up for tours around Campbeltown and the Mull next year I will get to take some more pictures.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Bobh » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:57 am

Great pics Dragon. Been down there many times. As a suggestion the next time you go-pick your day well, clear and sunny, really calm. Head sort of right and you get a great view of Ballycastle with binoculars.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby FlyingDragon » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:55 pm

"Great pics Dragon. Been down there many times. As a suggestion the next time you go-pick your day well, clear and sunny, really calm. Head sort of right and you get a great view of Ballycastle with binoculars."

I will be back next year to try and see Ballycastle. There is so much beauty in the Campbeltown area. The day I went there was rainy and windy, yet the elements made the journey down to the lighthouse that much more of a memorial experience !
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Photos from around Kintyre