Davaar and surrounding area

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Davaar and surrounding area

Postby FlyingDragon » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:08 pm

Last edited by FlyingDragon on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Davaar and surrounding area

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks for sharing all these photos Flying Dragon - you certainly crammed alot into your visit.

Excellent photos.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:54 am

Flying Dragon

I thihk the photo where you are standing in the ruined cottage is the ruin on Davaar Island known as the "Sheep Hoose" Possibly you wouldn't know it by that name, but if it's the ruined cottage directly opposite the mainland at Kildalloig, that is it. Is that where it is?
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby FlyingDragon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:49 am

I thihk the photo where you are standing in the ruined cottage is the ruin on Davaar Island known as the "Sheep Hoose" Possibly you wouldn't know it by that name, but if it's the ruined cottage directly opposite the mainland at Kildalloig, that is it. Is that where it is?

Yes, that ruined cottage is on Davaar Island. Why is it called 'Sheep Hoose"? In any case it must have been a wonderful place to live. I hope what ever prosperity comes to Campbeltown always preserves the beauty of the area. No amount of money can replace the priceless environment that God had gifted you.
Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby FlyingDragon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:53 am

Thanks for sharing all these photos Flying Dragon - you certainly crammed alot into your visit.
Excellent photos.

I have about 1600 photo's. The 6 hours of tapes are being converted to disc on my computer. There are plenty more of the area. Caroline and I are currently buried in snow in upstate New York. I miss Campbeltown already!
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby EMDEE » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:03 am

It is probably called the Sheep Hoose because the family who lived there in past times were the family of the shepherd who had resposibility for the sheep flock on the island.That is just my opinion, maybe somebody else will give a different theory
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Verona » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:11 am

Great photos! They bring back memories :)
Where was the photo taken of the little girl [black & white] then as an adult?
Verona
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby SARID » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:49 pm

I think the black and white photo of the wee girl was taken down by the harbour at Carradale.
SARID
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby FlyingDragon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Great photos! They bring back memories
Where was the photo taken of the little girl [black & white] then as an adult?
I think the black and white photo of the wee girl was taken down by the harbour at Carradale.

The picture was taken down at Carradale harbor . It is of my wife Caroline. We found it so amazing to go back and take another picture of her as an adult to show our kids. Scotland is a place that has retained its own kind of romantic allure for us. It is a place of adventure. Where pirates and patriots both call home.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby History » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:27 pm

I can see my hoose 8)

Hope you don't mind me asking but is your wifes name Timms.?
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Photos from around Kintyre