Keil Caves Etc.

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Keil Caves Etc.

Postby FlyingDragon » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Last edited by FlyingDragon on Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Keel Caves Etc.

Postby Kevin Mc » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:30 pm

Excellent pictures again :)

Where was this one taken?

Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Keel Caves Etc.

Postby FlyingDragon » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Excellent pictures again :) Where was this one taken?

The Photo of the highland Cow was in a field close to the Southend Cross. The area is so beautiful.
Hopes of new energies deleted Manna, the City on a Hill in trade for a jackals till. Coal, Steam, then oil wells become still, evolving into that nuclear atoms death knells mill.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Keil Caves Etc.

Postby katya » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:53 am

It is just before the Dalmore/Christlach turn-off.
Kx
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby EMDEE » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 am

I find the narrow cave nearest the footprints to be the most interesting one. If you happen to have a torch with you, you can go in, and in, and in, and in..................and in, until the claustrophobia sets in.

Has this cave ever been exlored fully, and is this the supposed Southend opening of the Piper's Cave on Beinn Ghuillean?

Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby FlyingDragon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:25 am

I find the narrow cave nearest the footprints to be the most interesting one. If you happen to have a torch with you, you can go in, and in, and in, and in..................and in, until the claustrophobia sets in.

Has this cave ever been exlored fully, and is this the supposed Southend opening of the Piper's Cave on Beinn Ghuillean?

Next year I plan on going back to your area to explore some more of those caves. I really would like to see the saints cave where he lived- and also find the location of (King Aidan's grave). He is possibly the father of the true King Arthur. I did go into the cave as far as I could until the flash from my camera showed a place where one would have to slip between some rocks.
FlyingDragon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby katya » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Emdee,
Yes that is the pipers cave. I have heard a few derivations of the story, but I'm sure someone on here has an accurate one :)
Kx
katya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Photos from around Kintyre