Duncan MacMaster of Machrihanish

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Duncan MacMaster of Machrihanish

Postby Lossit Lass » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 pm

My parents recently came across this clipping while sorting through boxes of memorabilia & thought we'd share it. Duncan MacMaster is a native of Machrihanish & still resides there today. I imagine some of you are acquainted with him & his family - Pans Lass of the KF is his niece. As some of you already know, my family was stationed in Machrihanish with the US Navy for a few years in the early 80's & we lived in High Lossit farmhouse. Duncan was a very dear friend of ours throughout. As well as entertaining us with his colorful yarns, he was an endless source of local information & history & was always forthcoming & accommodating of our seemingly endless questions. We learned so much about the area from him on our many, many walks together along Machrihanish beach. He was always so gracious & kind to our family & remains a dear friend of ours today. We hold fond, happy memories of the area & Duncan is an integral part of those memories.

The article's image will be especially poignant for Duncan as it includes his late, longtime companion, Times...whom we know is sorely missed.

Duncan...we love you &, as always, wish you & your family the very best :D
~The Dodson's

(hope it's legible enough...I sized it as big as the KF will allow :wink: )
Suppose they held a war and nobody came?
Lossit Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Duncan MacMaster of Machrihanish

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Lossit Lass ...many thanks for sharing this and your kind words. My Uncle Duncan has so many fond memories of you and your family and still speaks of them to this day . I will let him know and hopefully find a way he can get to see this as unfortunately he is unable to get around as he used to .

Pass on my best regards to your family from my family here in Machrihanish :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Duncan MacMaster of Machrihanish

Postby Lossit Lass » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Of course, Pans Lass :) I realized it may be hard for him to see it this way but figured we'd give it a shot. And we haven't given up trying to get it into the Courier yet either.....altho, as you know, that's proven to be more difficult than we anticipated :?
Suppose they held a war and nobody came?
Lossit Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Photos from around Kintyre