West Kintyre

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Re: West Kintyre

Postby Pete Reek » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Same Dude :D

i'm pleased you didn't complete that old saying "great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ"!

When you drove away, I couldn't but wonder what your pics would turn out like. Would he have a filter on?
What setting did he have his camera on? etc

Cheers.

Pete Reek.

PS. Really like the photo you posted earlier.
Some days I jeest donno hoots hoot an hoots naw hoot.
Pete Reek
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Location: Ur we therr yet mammy? Naw we'll be therr in a wee while or two.

Postby numberplease » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:01 am

You know, I was really pleased with the photos I took in Kintyre, until I saw the quality turned out by folk on this forum. Now mine just look like run of the mill holiday pictures!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 am

numberplease wrote:You know, I was really pleased with the photos I took in Kintyre, until I saw the quality turned out by folk on this forum. Now mine just look like run of the mill holiday pictures!

Don't let that put you off posting your pics "numberplease", like mine and many others they are just as they are taken :) .

Some of the pics on here are manipulated by photoshop or other programs which some photographers like to do.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Lossit Lass » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:45 am

Crowth - LOVE your Gauldrons pic. The stones look like gems...just beautiful :)
Suppose they held a war and nobody came?
Lossit Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby numberplease » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 pm

[quote="jdcarra"][quote="numberplease"]You know, I was really pleased with the photos I took in Kintyre, until I saw the quality turned out by folk on this forum. Now mine just look like run of the mill holiday pictures![/quote]

Don't let that put you off posting your pics "numberplease", like mine and many others they are just as they are taken :) .

Some of the pics on here are manipulated by photoshop or other programs which some photographers like to do.[/quote]

I don`t know how to post pics anyway, never been able to figure it out!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bonnie Lass » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Mine are WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get. Don't feel the need to manipulate them in photoshop - besides I don't know how to !! :wink:
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Crowth » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:21 pm

numberplease wrote:You know, I was really pleased with the photos I took in Kintyre

..........and that is all that matters.

Or at least, that's the way I look at it. I really enjoy taking pictures, post-processing them in Photoshop if need be (in case anyone doesn't know, that's a world of difference from manipulation) and looking at them. If others enjoy seeing my pictures then that's a bonus. I also enjoy seeing other peoples pictures, there are several on KF that I really wish I had taken, and if I can't think of anything positive or encouraging to say about them then I won't say anything at all :D
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Crowth » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Pete Reek wrote:Same Dude :D

i'm pleased you didn't complete that old saying "great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ"!

When you drove away, I couldn't but wonder what your pics would turn out like. Would he have a filter on?
What setting did he have his camera on? etc

Cheers.

Pete Reek.

PS. Really like the photo you posted earlier.

Pete

What a coincidence! I have to admit to being ignorant of the end of that saying, so no issue there ;)

When you saw me I was trying out all sorts of combinations of settings and I didn't use a filter or a tripod, I really wish I had because I didn't do that amazing sunset justice at all. I haven't done a thing with the pictures I took at that point because I had just had an enjoyable hour up at Tarbert Castle and I concentrated on those shots first then consequently forgot all the about West Loch until yesterday! I will have to dig them out and see what's what.

ATB

Steve
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pete Reek » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Numberplease, don't think bad thoughts about the photos you've taken. You took them because you felt the need to. They are a record of what you saw at that moment in time when you pressed the button.If no one was sitting on your shoulder snapping away at the same things you were, then they are unique and deserve to be seen, so please keep posting them.

There will always be debate about Photoshop and other forms of enhancement. There are some who do a great job of it, and I wish I was as skilful at it as they are. However, the really good photos are not good only because they have been enhanced. They are good because of the content. They are good because the photographer had the vision to capture an image which we mere mortals didn't or couldn't see. The skill is presenting only the part that lends something to the picture.
Take KTAL's two photo's of the goats at the Gauldrons. The distant photo is brilliant, and captures the goats on the rocks plus a fair bit of the surrounding area. The cropped photo showing them up close with the cascading wave in front of them while they balance on the rocks isn't a brilliant photo! Oh no! It is instead, pure genius, plain and simple! A picture I would love to have taken.

Like Crowth, I can enhance a bit here and there, and don't mind admitting to that. I will continue to take and hopefully show my less than perfect images, simply because I like to do it.

Regards

Pete Reek
Pete Reek
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby numberplease » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:18 am

Thank you Pete, however, my photos won`t appear on here because I`ve never been able to master the art of doing it, despite being given very concise instructions several times!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jdcarra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 am

numberplease wrote:Thank you Pete, however, my photos won`t appear on here because I`ve never been able to master the art of doing it, despite being given very concise instructions several times!

We can also do a talk through and you'll get there :) .Once you have mastered it you'll get addicted.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Then you`ll regret it! :lol:
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 am

A Winter Sunset from north of Westport Cottage.
Pete Reek
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Crowth » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:12 pm

I see that view often during the working week and I never tire of it. The early nights have meant that I have been seeing it a lot as you have depicted it here, Pete.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Bonnie Lass » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Was driving along the A83 to Campbeltown Wednesday afternoon and couldn't get over the visibility - so clear, could see for miles. Photo shows County Antrim, Northern Ireland on the horizon (on the left) with Rathlin Island further to the right.

Last edited by Bonnie Lass on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Photos from around Kintyre