Summer Football League

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Admin3

Postby Admin3 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:02 pm

We will need to increase awareness on this - perhaps some posters in pubs etc - that appears to be where most fitba players hang out!

What about a team from Carradale? Perhaps two - one full of locals and one full of incomers! :wink:
Admin
Admin3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ranald » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:08 am

Was speaking to David G about this at training last week and he said that he should be able to get a team, although it would depend on dates as most of his lot are at uni or college so it will be in their summer holidays.
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby joe_ruesgen » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:05 am

Davie,

what would the dayes be for the start of the summer league and do you know if there would be any teams looking for an extra player at all. I come home on the 11th of May and would love to get back to playing wae all you dafties!!

Joe.
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Summer League

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:59 pm

Joe,

As far as I know we would be looking to get it up and running by the start of June and run it for two months.

As far as I know there is interest from about 6 teams

Milanos
Meadows
Campbeltown Boys Under 19s
Team of auld flas (Archie Mitchell etc)
Team of young flas (Davie G, Tommy Finn etc)
and another team of young flas (Darren Kelly and the Rancher etc :shock: )

However, I think there is room for another couple of teams - the likes of the Emergency Services and perhpas a pub team.

As I mentioned before I don't want to get involved in the running of this as I'll be busy enough come June :shock: but am interested in playing and I said at the Sports Council meeting I would try and raise the profile of this. Ranald has been very helpful so far and it wouldn't be hard to get organised if we have a member from each team involved in the Admin and Setup of the league. I suppose for this year the emphasis would be in getting the league started up - I have just realised that 8 teams playing each other once would be 36 games in total so it would have to be started pretty sharp in June (I suppose it could go over into August?). I suppose that gives each team a a game a week playing either Wed, Fri or Sunday and will allow for cancellations etc. There are trophies available to play for - ones from the past and Davie Martin kindly said to Ranald that there is some money available from a former league which could go to setting the league up. (I think about 100 pounds or so)

Would be really good to get this up and running again - get us men away from the kitchen sink for a change! :wink:

Perhaps a meeting should be called?
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Sports news in Kintyre