Campbeltown and District Community Football Club formed

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Campbeltown and District Community Football Club formed

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Received the following news release which can only be a good thing for football in Campbeltown and surrounding area.

Campbeltown and District Community Football Club was formally founded on Monday evening (13th February) following a meeting where representatives from football organisations in Campbeltown came together.

Club representatives from Campbeltown Soccer Centre, Campbeltown and District Juvenile Football Association, Campbeltown Pupils AFC and both Secondary and Primary School football agreed to form the Community Football Club in line with other football communities in Scotland and register for the Scottish Football Association’s accredited Quality Mark scheme. Some of the benefits the group receive from this are SFA regional staff support, discounted SFA Coach Education Courses and workshops.

The objective of the first meeting was to agree the constitution and elect committee members until the first AGM which will be held in June. The group also focused on coaching requirements needed for children's football all the way through to adults and agreed a coaching framework. (see thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13481 for more detail on the Level 1 course organised for Sunday 4th March 2012)

The Community Club also wish representation from the Campbeltown and District Amateur Football League which runs in the summer as well as any other parties involved in football in the area to ensure the new group represents the interests of ALL football in South Kintyre. The next meeting of the group will be held on Monday 2nd April, 8pm at the Meadows View Pavilion on Bengullion Road.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Campbeltown and District Community Football Club formed

Postby the ice maiden » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 am

I'm really glad to hear this. I truly hope that this is supported the way it should be. It can only benefit the kids from the area, as it really annoys me that so many of the players have decided to travel away each week. I know that this is the only way that they get regular football, but if every player plays away, there will be no one here to play. I am speaking from a mothers point of view who has been asked many times to let my sons travel away. I feel that my childrens football should be where they live, and they should not be denied this. I hope more people sign up to coach the football, as it will benefit from fresh blood and ideas. If i really understood the offside rule, I would do it myself!! Having recently found old papers of my brother Jimmy's, and seeing the work and passion that he put into football, both Youth Football and the Pupils, everyone would benefit from this kind of effort. I am grateful for all the time that coaches have given up for all the children over the years as without them there would be no football. I really hope that a league could be set up so that the kids can get regular games and not ones every three or four months as it is in school football. If it wasn't for the school teams, my boys wouldn't get a game unless it was a kickabout they organised themselves. I truly wish this set up every success. :D
the ice maiden
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby cdcfc » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:55 pm

Yes, its a great step in the right direction forming a club that will have football under one umbrella. However, it is early days and there is a lot of work ahead to even attain the SFA's Quality Mark, Standard Club Award but the basis is there and we will get there. :mrgreen: For more details on the Quality Mark see http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fo ... m?page=169

In terms of set-up in youth football that will be up to Campbeltown and District Juvenile Football Association to address and their AGM should be held shortly so its a good opportunity to raise any ideas then? However, anything posted on here can be touched on too so do post. Icemaiden, you are absolutely correct in needing as much support as possible and we have arranged a Level 1 Coaching Course on Sunday 4th March 2012 which is free and in particular targeted at those working with kids from 5-11 years old. See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13481 for more details. Further courses will also be available and the next one will be Level 1 working with youths targeted at those dealing with 12 to 18 year olds so the more coaches there are the more chance of football in the area.

For information here is the small snippet sent to the Courier which will hopefully appear this Friday.

The newly formed Campbeltown and District Community Football Club have officially registered for the Scottish Football Association’s accredited Quality Mark scheme. Some club representative’s met with Martin Rae, the Council’s football development officer, while he was in Campbeltown last week to discuss the quality mark and the information the club will have to pull together.

Some of the benefits the group receives from this are SFA regional staff support, discounted SFA Coach Education Courses and workshops and the group have wasted no time in putting together a framework highlighting the coaching courses required in Campbeltown. The Community Club will host a Level 1 Early Touches course on Sunday 4th March aimed at those working with children from 5 to 11 years old. Places on the course are free and anyone interested in attending should contact Willie Renton on 07880744172.
Campbeltown and District Community Football Club
Representing Campbeltown Pupils AFC, Campbeltown and District Juvenile Football Association (including Campbeltown Soccer Centre) and football in education in South Kintyre
cdcfc
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby cdcfc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

the ice maiden wrote:I'm really glad to hear this. I truly hope that this is supported the way it should be. It can only benefit the kids from the area, as it really annoys me that so many of the players have decided to travel away each week. I know that this is the only way that they get regular football, but if every player plays away, there will be no one here to play. I am speaking from a mothers point of view who has been asked many times to let my sons travel away. I feel that my childrens football should be where they live, and they should not be denied this. I hope more people sign up to coach the football, as it will benefit from fresh blood and ideas. If i really understood the offside rule, I would do it myself!! Having recently found old papers of my brother Jimmy's, and seeing the work and passion that he put into football, both Youth Football and the Pupils, everyone would benefit from this kind of effort. I am grateful for all the time that coaches have given up for all the children over the years as without them there would be no football. I really hope that a league could be set up so that the kids can get regular games and not ones every three or four months as it is in school football. If it wasn't for the school teams, my boys wouldn't get a game unless it was a kickabout they organised themselves. I truly wish this set up every success. :D

You'll see from the updates on the following thread that the CDJFA are specifically targeting Secondary School kids for their Monday night football with a view to starting 7 aside leagues if enough numbers. Now they need parenst and children to support their efforts.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13725&start=0

Juvenile Football Association keen to target secondary school age football

Campbeltown and District Juvenile Football Association are keen to encourage children of Secondary School years S1 – S4 (new S5) along to the new outdoor season starting this Monday with a view to starting a league for this age group. If enough numbers show up the Association plan to set-up 7 aside sides to encourage competitive football at this level once again in South Kintyre. The new season starts on Monday 16th April 2012 on the Meadows Playing Field and will run from 6.30 to 8.00pm
Campbeltown and District Community Football Club
Representing Campbeltown Pupils AFC, Campbeltown and District Juvenile Football Association (including Campbeltown Soccer Centre) and football in education in South Kintyre
cdcfc
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Sports news in Kintyre