Creative Player course hailed as a great success with photos

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Creative Player course hailed as a great success with photos

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:30 am

Creative Player course hailed as a great success

Argyll & Bute Council’s Football Development Officer, Martin Rae, hailed last week’s three day Creative Player course a great success with numbers attending the course in Campbeltown the largest throughout Argyll & Bute. Speaking after the course, Martin said “We had 25 boys and 1 girl attending our course here in Campbeltown this week and the numbers were great. The most we had elsewhere was in Oban where 21 attended the course earlier in the week. So to come to Campbeltown and have this many was just brilliant.”

The course held inside and outside the Grammar School, was designed to develop the creative aspects of the youngsters and create more technically able performers. Martin added “The enthusiasm shown by the kids over the three days was just great. They were all very keen to learn and the interest and the respect they showed me and my fellow coach Derek Millar is testament to their parents and Campbeltown and District Juvenile Football Association which they all attend on a weekly basis. I look forward to releasing details on our Easter programme soon and I am sure this will be well received in Campbeltown.”

Feedback from the children who attended the course was well received with six year old Aiden McGeachy saying “I had a great time. It was brilliant! I really enjoyed getting outside on the final afternoon, we had great fun in the rain and mud!” Eleven year old Alasdair Ferguson also added “It was really good because there were more people attending this time and we learned lots of different new skills to practice. As a goalkeeper I really enjoyed being outdoors and getting covered in mud, though I’m not too sure my mum will be so happy when she sees the mess of my training gear!”

If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sports news in Kintyre