Coucil's football dev officer hosts soccer centre withphotos

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Coucil's football dev officer hosts soccer centre withphotos

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:44 am

Campbeltown Soccer Centre welcomed help from Argyll & Bute Council’s football development officer Martin Rae and fellow SFA accredited coach Derek Millar when they hosted both Soccer Centre sessions last Friday evening in the Victoria Hall.

The Soccer Centre’s Willie Renton said “It was great that Martin and Derek waited on to host our sessions tonight and I am sure the coaches took as much from the evening as the kids did. We would like to extend our thanks to them both and look forward to working with the again soon.”

Martin Rae said “There’s real enthusiasm from the kids and coaches in Campbeltown and both myself and Derek were only too happy to come along and take the sessions. Now the Campbeltown and District Community Football Club has been formed we look forward to working with the football community closely as this develops. I’ve always been more than willing to come to Campbeltown and I’ve said this over and over again. All people have to do is ask and communicate with me to highlight what is going on in the area. We’ve had a great three days here with the Creative Player Course during the day and it was great to round it off tonight with a enthusiastic bunch of kids. I look forward to working with the coaches again on Sunday 4th March 2012 when we hold the Level 1 Early Touches Coaching Course and plan to follow this up with the Level 1 Working with Youths course too to allow the coaches to choose their own pathway in coaching”

The Soccer Centre runs on a Friday night from 6pm for Primary 1 to 3 to 7pm for the Primary 4 to 7 age groups and focuses on developing skills. The six week block will end on Friday 9th March. The sessions are run by Campbeltown and District Juvenile Football Association who also host indoor football on Wednesday evenings with Primary 1, 2 and 3 starting at 5-6pm. Primary 4 and 5 are next from 6pm to 7pm and finishing off with P6 and P7 from 7pm to 8pm. £2 per session, pay as you go. All welcome.

Martin Rae, Argyll & Bute Council's Football Development Officer with coach Derek Millar who hosted this week's Soccer Centre. Pictured along side some of the coaches from Campbeltown Soccer Centre and some of the kids on Friday evening.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Sports news in Kintyre