kintyre senior shinty/rugby

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

kintyre senior shinty/rugby

Postby goldfire » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Possibly moving to kintyre a few months so doing a wee bit of research into what's on. am a keen shinty player and a keen (but pretty novice) rugby player. wandered if there was a senior shinty or rugby team in campbeltown that could join. or maybe it's time to get a team
goldfire
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: kintyre senior shinty/rugby

Postby Ship called Dignity » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 am

goldfire wrote:Possibly moving to kintyre a few months so doing a wee bit of research into what's on. am a keen shinty player and a keen (but pretty novice) rugby player. wandered if there was a senior shinty or rugby team in campbeltown that could join.

Golfire. Firstly welcome to the Kintyre Forum 8) I think there is only a junior Rugby Team. No senior Rugby or Shinty team. Just one senior football team. Shame, there used to be 1 Rugby, 1 Shinty and 2 senior football teams at one point.

goldfire wrote:Or maybe it's time to get a team

Go for it. The more sports and choices the better! 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: kintyre senior shinty/rugby

Postby goldfire » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Thank you ScD

I'm jumping the gun abit as i've applied for a job down there but haven't even got an interview yet!! Just wanted to get into somethings to meet local folk and get amoungst the comunity.

Maybe a few flyers round the town seeing what the interest is when/if i get down there. I've e-mailed the shinty development officer and think i'll do the same with the rugby officer. Shame as i think there should be enough folk there to make a team of one or the other at least!! Otherwise it's up to lochgilphead where they have both.....and that's a way from campbeltown.
goldfire
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Sports news in Kintyre