Sea Kayaking

Fixtures, scores, details of your club etc - also see www.southkintyresportscouncil.com

Sea Kayaking

Postby Sid Gallagher » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:01 am

We had a great paddle from the sailing club to Macringan's and back today. There were three of us and we met up with a lone paddler en route who joined us on the way back. It was sunny and calm most of the way with a bit of light wind round by Machringan's. The views of Arran and Ayrshire were fantastic. There were quite a few walkers out on the shore walk.
Are there any other paddlers out there wanting to join forces for local trips?

Information about future events/coaching
The canoe club are having a pool training session on Friday 30th November 8pm till 9pm.
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:54 pm

i'm interested, i could do with a bit of, to be honest, a lot of help, i can't even keep my balance for more than five minutes and its stopping me from getting out on the water with my daughter who is only 12 but has far more confidence
general jack o'niell

staying afloat

Postby Sid Gallagher » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:41 pm

Maybe its the kind of kayak that you have. Some are a lot more stable than others and make things a lot easier. Some of the club have a sea kayak called an Easkey which has a very broad bottom and sits very well on the water.
We are having a pool session at Aqualibrium on Friday 30th November 8pm till 9pm, cost £5. It might be a chance to get a bit of practice. The boats we use in the pool are quite wobbly tho.
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Sid Gallagher » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Another good sea kayaking trip today. Five of us set off from the sailing club slip at 3pm and paddled out and round davaar. A slight SE breeze and overcast through out but an excellent paddle. Not many other people on the water. A motor launch went out of the loch at about 3pm as well. And there was a creel boat and maybe one other boat around.
Really calm on the west side of davaar and a nice sea on the east side with a bit of swell.
Great. :D
Sid Gallagher
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby abbey craig » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:59 pm

i fancy trying some kayaking,how much would a half decent kayak cost??

and would i be able to bring a kerry oot with me?? :roll: :wink:
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:57 pm

I have one you could borrow A.C., I had to put a fin onto it because I could not keep it straight, or was that because of the kerri oots I carried in it. Anyway seriously, you can borrow it and I have 2 life jackets too, surely they could keep you up when you fall in. Because you will fall in known you.
On 2nd thoughts maybe I would be better selling it to you, just incase you let it go, like driftwood sailing on the water. Christ I need a drink noo.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby abbey craig » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:04 pm

me falling in no chance i`m an ex sea cadet,the waters my second home :roll: a fin on it?? does that mean you steer it with your foot then with the wire system?
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Sake---Arto, its not got cables on it, the fin (my design) was put on to keep me gan in a straight line. easy to remove if you want to borrow it.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby abbey craig » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:44 am

that sounds ok peter,i`ll wait till the weather gets a bit better,and the loch is free of sewage :roll: i dont want to upset all the wee greyfriars bobbies that are in the loch at the moment :lol: :wink:
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gizmo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:03 am

This is something I would pay good money to sea.. Especially if it involves a wetsuit :lol:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby abbey craig » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:40 pm

dalintober man doesnt need a wetsuit,t shirt,shorts and a pair of flipflops that will do me :roll: :lol:
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:35 pm

definately worth a dookin to see, i've two you can borrow and life jeckets, mind you my paddle id left handed so you might go roon in circles, and naw, i canna see the point of a left handed paddle eeeether, but then i canna canoo, cnoo?
general jack o'niell

Return to Sports news in Kintyre