Memories of Kintyre

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Memories of Kintyre

Postby inveryes » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi

Just thought I'd throw out a few names and places from the happy times we had visting Kintyre when I was wee, just in case any ring a bell with anyone.

I visited a lot in the sixties and seventies with my parents visiting various relations, but I have no idea what became of them.

There was Maggie ( McArthur? ) at the Witchburn in Campbeltown, as well as Katie McNab ( a teacher? ) who lived in Dell Road.

Peter and Dolly ( Maclean?) who lived at the Fairy Cottage or Fairy Glen at Torrisdale.

McNabs ( an "Uncle Alec"? )who lived at Brackley Farm in Carradale.

Anybody sound familiar?
Last edited by inveryes on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inveryes
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Memories of Kintyre

Postby rossron » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi there,

Just read your post regarding memories of Kintyre and was amazed to see my granny (Maggie McArthur) and great Auntie Katie MacNab's names being mentioned. If you can give me some details, my mum will maybe be able to remember you. Her name is Margaret and she has two sisters, Barbara & Ellen.

Please let me know as I am intruiged to hear your stories.

Thank you.

Kirsteen Ross
Willie & Kirsteen Ross
rossron
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby harryboy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi there, I have just read your post & had to reply.
My mother-in-law Jemima who died in August was born & brought up on Brackley farm. Peter & Dolly who you mention & lived at Glen House Torrisdale were her brother & sister-in Law. Johnny her other brother & his wife took over the farm from their father Malcolm Maclean until they retired & moved to Caple Lodge at Torrisdale. Alec Mcnab was their uncle, a shepherd, & he too lived at the farm.
Katie Mcnab was a cousin.
Hope this has been of some help. If you need any more information , my sister-in law maybe able to help.
harryboy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby inveryes » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks for your replies folks!

PM's sent. :)
inveryes
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby inveryes » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:26 pm

Here's a photograph taken at Brackley in the early sixties ( judging by the Zodiac )

In the picture are Isa McIntosh, Alec McNab, Margaret Wright (nee Galbraith) and Maggie Maclean.
inveryes
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Abigail » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:31 am

I am amazed to see if there would be some connections between you members. It is so good to meet someone who recognizes your parent's stories. If they are common between you, then you have so much to share and to ask each other.

Your memories are so beautiful thanks for sharing with us!!
countdown to new year to get the best memories!
Abigail
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!