Hello!

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hello!

Postby lindaf » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:08 pm

I am so pleased I found this site. I discovered my Roots in Kintyre some 4 years ago and have been exploring them on and off ever since. I have just spent over a week in Campbeltown, with plenty of time in the library refining what I had already discovered on-line. The librarians were fantastic with their help.
My Matthew Clark, born 1777 can be found on the 1841 census in Main Street with his wife Catherine and his two youngest children Ann 17 and Dugald 14. Dugald will move to Liverpool in 1860 and be a Customs House Officer and will be my Great great grandfather.
Matthew, his father was a joiner and born in Campbeltown. His father according to the IGI individual record I printed out from Family Search on their old site in January 2012 was John Clark and his mother Jenat McMurchy. I have several other printouts for the family, some going further back, downloaded at the same time. Now back home from Kintyre I have attempted to re-find these records on FamilySearch new site to double check and expand. But I find many of the records just don't come up any more.
Has anyone else found the same problem? Does anyone know why this is so? Has there been maybe a demand made to them to remove them from ScotlandsPeople?

Kintyre is just so beautiful. I am thrilled my Roots are here. Fortunately my husband is as hooked on my research as I am, so we will be back!

Linda
lindaf
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!