Moving to Kintyre

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Moving to Kintyre

Postby freshfern » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi all members!
Myself, hubby and 2 young children are very soon moving round from Balloch, Loch Lomond.
So I was hoping to gain some insight into just general stuff like Schools and nursery?
Also how old are the houses down in the sound of Kintyre, are you able to get broadband there?
Seems like dumb questions but if you dont know.....you dont know. :D
This is a huge move for us, anxious but excited. Hope to make new friends and start a better quality of life.
I'm a learning disabilities nurse and my parter is a HGV driver.

Would be glad of any info!
Thank you!
freshfern
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Moving to Kintyre

Postby Ship called Dignity » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi Freshfern,

Firstly, welcome to the Kintyre Forum! :-) Definitely get Broadband out at the Sound of Kintyre. Not too sure on quality of the service but maybe someone else can confirm?

What info on nursery and schools are you looking for?

You'll find Campbeltown and the surrounding area a welcoming place. Plenty of things for kids to do too.

Warm Regards SCD
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fspence29 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Thank you for the reply!
and the warm welcome.
I was looking to find out the council run nursery?
I see there is a bus that runs downs to the sound of kintyre, on a school time table so thats good!
We are hoping to rent first then buy after a while.
Just waiting on our house selling here..
Cant wait! What a place.
fspence29
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby amron » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:37 am

Hi welcome to the forum...Meadows under 5's take children from 18 months they share the building with Campbeltown Nursery which take children from 3 years..Both these have a lunch club....Dalintober pre 5 unit is within Dalintober school and take children from 3 years...All nurseries have morning and afternon sessions.. Drumlemble Primary school also has a pre 5 unit within the school and take children from 3...think it is only a morning session...
Best advice is to visit all schools and nurseries and see which one suits your needs best...all are very good...
Good luck with your move..
:D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby freshfern » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:18 am

Thank you Amron, thats helpful advice. My daughter is in her 1st year of nursery at the moment. So hopefully start her preschool year in Aug. All going well!
Kind regards
Fern
freshfern
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!