song-tunes

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

song-tunes

Postby JNM » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:19 pm

Traditional musicians, hi there!
Fairly recently I've written some song-tunes that could be of interest to you. A couple of them have a Kintyre connection.
My website is mainly for people involved in making music, and allows free download of words, sheet music and demo audio.
The webpage http://www.musicbits.org/Celtic.html gives links to the song-tunes.
Day still will rise mentions Garvalt; Then Farewell, Tarbert has more obvious Kintyre links. Those two have words by George Campbell Hay, a poet with a Kintyre connection himself; you can find some info about him by following links on my website.
Hay occasionally wrote tunes for his own poems. He did so for the three of his poems that I've written tunes for, and my website also gives those tunes of his.
So I hope there's something there that you can enjoy performing.
Last edited by JNM on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
JNM
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: song-tunes

Postby JNM » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:26 am

Oh, and there was a possibility that the song Then Farewell, Tarbert would be performed at the Tarbert Music Festival this year. Anyone know if that happened?
JNM
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: song-tunes

Postby JNM » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 am

The webpage
http://www.musicbits.org/FarewellTarbert.html
gives sheet music & demo audio for my setting of Hay's Then Farewell, Tarbert.

Does anyone have photo(s) of Tarbert that I could use on that webpage, or link to from that webpage?
Anything that relates to the old herring fishing days would be especially welcome.
Thanks.
JNM
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!