Hello from Allan Mees

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hello from Allan Mees

Postby amsquared » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 pm

I posted a Hello message a couple of weeks ago when I joined the forum but it appears to have disappeared into the ether.

I'm mainly interested in genealogy specifically the McIntyres and McLeans of Campbeltown and Kintyre. My father was John McIntyre Mees born 1921 died 1957. His mother was Jeanie McLellan McIntyre born 1899 died 1973. Her parents were John McLean McIntyre born 1853 and Mary Matheson born 1859. John McLean McIntyres parents were John McIntyre born 1826 and Janet McLean born 1829. Janet's parents were John McLean born 1808 (The Kintyre Resurrectionist) and Isabella McIntyre born 1800. I have further ancestors noted for John McLean and John McIntyre but I hope to find some more information about Isabella McIntyre.

I will post some more details of John McLean's conviction for violating sepulchres in the existing thread in the History section.

My father's siblings were Charles Mees born 1919 and Sheila Mees born 1928. Sheila's husband was Edward Brown McLellan born 1924. I know that their Sheila and Edward's daughter Sharon McLellan and Edward's brother Donald still live in Campbeltown.

Regards

Allan
amsquared
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!