Looking for the McKerral family of Campbeltown

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Looking for the McKerral family of Campbeltown

Postby mariogramma » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 pm

My husband and I were stationed at Machrihanish in the 70's. Would love to make contact with the daughters of Davy and Bella McKerral: Mary and John Mullen; Jean and Norrie Thompson; and Ibby and Andy, but can't remember last name. We lived with David and Bella (Ma and Pa 'Kerral), for a time, and have very fond memories of the days spent with them. We also lived with Mary and John before that. Would appreciate any help in making contact with these old friends.

Thank you.
Cindy Smith
mariogramma
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Looking for the McKerral family of Campbeltown

Postby History » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi Cindy I will PM you about the family you are looking for. Lots of changes with them.
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby weehizzyx » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 pm

mariogramma wrote:My husband and I were stationed at Machrihanish in the 70's. Would love to make contact with the daughters of Davy and Bella McKerral: Mary and John Mullen; Jean and Norrie Thompson; and Ibby and Andy, but can't remember last name. We lived with David and Bella (Ma and Pa 'Kerral), for a time, and have very fond memories of the days spent with them. We also lived with Mary and John before that. Would appreciate any help in making contact with these old friends.

Thank you.
Cindy Smith

Hi Cindy, I am Jean & Norrie's youngest Daughter!! If u wuld like u can pm me n i will give u my mums phone number!! xx
weehizzyx
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby margaret robertson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 pm

hi cindy this is andy and ibby robertson just seen your message there nice to here from u after all these years been long time everyone is fine how are all of yous getting on?our address is 45 davaar avenue campbeltown argyll pa28 6nq sorry to tell u that ma and pa and norrie died was so sad hope you get back to us soon love from ibby andy
margaret robertson
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby mariogramma » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:40 am

Hi Ibby and Andy!!
It's wonderful to hear from you. I think about you all and our time in Scotland a lot. It's just like everyone disappeared...but, now I'm smiling. Den and I are fine; have 2 married sons, Eric (Ricky) and Brian, and 3 grandkids..Maggie (12), Wes (9) who belong to Brian, and Brianna is 10. She belongs to Eric. Life is good. And, look at you with 6 grandkids. Wow!
Do you have a computer of your own? Can you e-mail me directly? It's den.cindy@yahoo.com. Would love to hear from you. If not, I have your address, and will write soon. Oh, this is really a great surprise!! Thanks for getting back to me.
Love to all,
Cindy
mariogramma
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby margaret robertson » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:00 pm

hi again thanks for getting back to us its really nice to hear from you no its my daughters laptop that i am on yes got alot of grandchildren and another on the way hope to here from you soon maggie xxxx
margaret robertson
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby mariogramma » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:43 am

margaret robertson wrote:hi again thanks for getting back to us its really nice to hear from you no its my daughters laptop that i am on yes got alot of grandchildren and another on the way hope to here from you soon maggie xxxx

Hi Again. Jean has our e-mail address. Would love to hear from you all soon. Stay well. Cindy
mariogramma
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Iain » Mon May 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Please don't reply if this question is negative !

In this family…, is there a Ronny, a Gladis, a Ronny Jnr., and a Catherine ? If so…, I know them !
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby johnmag » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:12 am

my name is john maguire, i lived with the mackeral family also many years ago, say about 40 years (ha ha) that long eh! i rem it well, i was a wee boy really aff ma heid, full of nonsense but had real fun, i rem sitting in davy and bellas kitchen having tea and a real laugh i worked at the drome, worked there with a guy called robert hart, bella and davie gave us lodgings in thier house, for many years i sent a card at xmas but eventualy lost touch, i would stagger into the dacing and vomit on the way out drunk as a monkey (ha ha ) i rem johnny mullen great singer, i met johnny years later in glasgow at a gig with the late tam white, johnny was a rocker jerry lee lewis
i lived in drumchapel in glasgow, the first time i went to campbeltown i went on a plane, but was more like flying oan a seaguls back, bella and the family were a very happy and kind family,i also rem that davie kept wee birds, he would go out catching them also for breeding, i rem norrie saying here john take these home to glasgow a big bag of prawns, ah thote they were flying insects (ha ha) ah never saw a prawn before only a pawn (ha ha) i stumbled on this site and thought after aw these years a better say something about being in campbeltown, i also rem going to the pictures saw a film ,a cowboy called mackennors gold, in fact a just bought that film recently, i rem the yankees would come in on the boats they would say you wilnea get a wuman thise weekend, the yanks are coming in, it never stoaped me (ha ha) i rem the songs the group sang in the dancing (i see my light come shinning and please stay), i liked those song ye could get a good smochie dance (ha ha) anyway still no right in the hied yet, even although i got six sons of my own, look folks! huv a laugh! this worlds crazy. sadly a lot of loss in my own family my wee mammy father and brothers .
but heh! campbeltown was great still is as far as i can see, but feel free to contact me on johnc777@btinternet.com and we can laugh somemore , its all good heh! you mackerrals yer mother was a gem and so were you all, take care smile on god bless love john maguire
johnmag
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Kaitlinmorrisonx » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi I am the granddaughter JEAN + NORRIE THOMSON (MCKERRAL).My gran had 2 girls and 1 boy JOANNE 38yrs NORMAN 34yrs ISOBEL 26yrs.She also has 7 grandchildren.My gran remembers your name but cant put a face to you yet :D.My great granny and grandda MCKERRAL have died also my grandda NORRIE died 5 yrs ago.My granny is not good on computers so me,my auntie or my mum will be repling! My auntie MARY has 1 son DAVID 38yrs,she is now married to NEIL MCEACHRAN.

It is llovely to hear from you :D.You could either email me or would you like to chat on the phone to my gran.The number is 01586554426.

Kaitlin Morrison xx
Kaitlinmorrisonx
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Herrybraun » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:05 am

Have you got contact of this family or still looking for? I have some good contact that inspect then and help you.
Herrybraun
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!