Annual visit

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Annual visit

Postby odds » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:09 pm

So it's that time of year again for my yearly visit. Just a bit of info needed please, I always visit Carradale for a couple of drinks in the Carradale Hotel and a mooch around but have yet to visit Carradale Bay. The reason for this is that I can't figure out the best/nearest place to park, I don't really fancy hiking miles, is there any vehicle access at all to it (legal).
Thanks for any help.

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Annual visit

Postby jdcarra » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Pete,
Driving to the Hotel coming through the village at the crossroads take the right turn for Port Righ (signposted), follow the road down and you will come to a gate sign posted Carradale Bay,go through the gate,close behind and follow the track to the next gate,drive through and you have grass parking right on the bay.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.58924 ... 6656?hl=en
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby odds » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Thanks for the info JD,
I had seen that gate on Street View but was unsure about access, I wouldn't want to end up getting chased off by an irate landowner for trespassing :) I'll certainly be having a trip out there then next week.

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby traveler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 pm

In Carradale you spend a very fun and enjoyable days, what I enjoyed the most when I was there was to walk around the islands of Arran, Gigha, Islay and Swear in sailboat, also to ride bikes and buggies to explore local areas.
traveler
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Abigail » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:41 am

Carradale Bay i never had been visited there and this will be i am so sure a great source of fun for spending out the time there.
countdown to new year to get the best memories!
Abigail
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Travel