Looking for guide for short visit in June

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Looking for guide for short visit in June

Postby rogerconnertn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:55 am

Dear Friends--
I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I'm drawn to Kintyre because my paternal ancestor, Edward Conner, was (historians claim) on the famous Thistle, which set sail from Campbelltown and later Gigha/Jura in 1739. I have spent many hours trying to find where Edward came from, and have pretty much given up on that. Still, I would love to explore the place (or places) where the Thistle and its passengers touched land. And, perhaps, to attend a church on Sunday where he or his relatives might have worshipped.

My wife and I will be in Scotland June 9 - 12 of this year. Does anyone know of someone with knowledge of the Thistle or that era, who does guide service? Or, maybe, someone with a good appetite who would share a meal with us and swap a few stories about the early 18th century, emigration, etc?
Roger Conner. roger.connertn@comcast.net.
rogerconnertn
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Looking for guide for short visit in June

Postby Abigail » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:44 am

Hey Roger!! How are you buddy? That could be a deeply rewarding experience for you. If you want a guide, why don't you contact local tour agencies? They hire experienced guides and could guide you in a better way. 
countdown to new year to get the best memories!
Abigail
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Travel