Loch Lomond

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Loch Lomond

Postby Ags » Sat May 09, 2009 4:49 pm

I was away for 3 days this week with a group of staff and kids from the Grammar School. We stayed in the Youth Hostel at Loch Lomond where the standard of food and accommodation was far better than I expected. We spent 2 of our 3 days with a company based at Loch Lomond Shores who took us canoeing, power kiting and mountain biking. All of the group took part in a treasure hunt in the woods of Balloch Park, and those unable to do the biking had a session of forest art. It was a joy to see these kids learning new skills outwith the classroom. I will definitely go back this summer with family/friends. If anybody is having a stay at home holiday this year I definitely reccommend a day at Loch Lomond Shores. You can check it out at canyouexperience.com
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Loch Lomond

Postby numberplease » Tue May 12, 2009 1:02 am

We have very happy memories of 2 weeks we spent at Loch Lomond 5 years ago. We stayed on the Camping and caravanning club site at Luss, and had a great pitch, right on the shore, with fantastic views from the window every morning, it was really beautiful. The only thing we`d do differently if we go again is to go at a different time, when the dreaded MIDGIES aren`t in abundance, they practically ate me alive!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Wed May 13, 2009 11:09 pm

We were really lucky numberplease and didn't see a single Midge.....I think the torrential rain on the first 2 days and the wind on the 3rd day kept them at bay :lol:
The weather didn't spoil our fun but the midges might have!
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby numberplease » Thu May 14, 2009 12:04 am

You went at the right time Ags, the worst time for midgies is apparently June to September. The rain alone wouldn`t have put them off, we had lots of the stuff! Next time we`ll go at a different time of year, not July. Really beautiful area though.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Travel