BDMLR - Marine Mammal Medic Course Campbeltown

Do you or your organisation have an event in Kintyre coming up? Then why not post information on ANY local event here? Kintyre Forum members can discuss and keep up to date on the latest information.

Will you seek further information on this course?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 1

BDMLR - Marine Mammal Medic Course Campbeltown

Postby 6347Karl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:41 pm

British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR), is an organisation dedicated to the rescue and well-being of all marine animals in distress around the UK. Main call outs are to rescue sick or injured seals (Pinnipeds) & Whale, Dolphin and Porpoise (Cetaceans)
We are a voluntary network of trained marine mammal medics who respond to call outs from the general public, HM Coastguard, Police, SSPCA and RSPCA and are the only marine animal rescue organisation operating across England, Wales and Scotland. Not only are we called upon by the other emergency services, but we also train their staff.

Although our name mentions divers, you don't have to be a diver to be a supporter or medic. Our medic base covers all walks of life and includes: teachers, plumbers, executives, managers, retail staff, secretaries, builders, photographers... the list goes on and on. All you need is a positive attitude, don't mind being wet and cold, and are able-bodied. The rest we teach you on our Marine Mammal Medic Course.

For the first time, we are running a MMM course in Campbeltown on August 31st 2014.
Anybody with an interest in helping to make a difference are welcome. Please go to the main BDMLR website and follow the link. ( You do NOT need to be a diver to join)
http://www.bdmlr.org.uk All contact details are on our website. http://www.bdmlr.org.uk

MMM Course Poster-Campbeltown2014.pdf
(297.48 KiB) Downloaded 739 times
6347Karl
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: BDMLR - Marine Mammal Medic Course Campbeltown

Postby Delphinus_Dreams » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:07 am

Thank you, this is something I would love to do, will try and be there :) (just need a dry suit)
Delphinus_Dreams
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby 6347Karl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:27 pm

Delphinus_Dreams, you will enjoy it. If you have problems with dry suit, get in contact with me and I will try and help you out, either phone head office and leave a message for me and it will get relayed back to me or get in touch back here and PM me.
Please feel free to print of the poster and show to your friends as the more interest in this the better as this is the first time that we are holding a course in Campbeltown area , it would be nice if there were a full house!
Regards
Karl
6347Karl
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Delphinus_Dreams » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Thank you Karl :) I have a very warm wetsuit, I think that might be OK (I was swimming in it here last September)
I think my partner will be interested too, I will share the poster, I found the main site a few years ago, it's great you are now in the area.

Donna
Delphinus_Dreams
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Local Events