The Red Zephyrz, Victoria Hall, 3rd July

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

The Red Zephyrz, Victoria Hall, 3rd July

Postby Cam » Thu May 13, 2010 9:34 pm

The Red Zephyrz invite you to a Legends of Rock Theme Night at the Victoria Hall in Campbeltown, on Saturday, 3rd July 2010. Live rock and pop covers from the last forty years will be performed by The Red Zephyrz with support from the excellent local band Warehouse.

Cabaret style seating will be available, as will two fully licensed bars until midnight. Legends of Rock costumes are optional, though there will be a prize for the Best Dressed Legend. Your numbered entrance ticket is also your entry into a Free Prize Draw, with some fantastic prizes to be won! Please keep your ticket stub safe.

Tickets are priced at £15 and are available from the Aqualibrium Leisure Centre in Campbeltown, or via post - see the Events page on The Red Zephyrz web site for an application form, at http://www.redzephyrz.com/.

Doors open at 7:00pm, with Warehouse on stage at 8:00pm and The Red Zephyrz at 9:30pm.

Threre is an amendment to the poster and the bar will be open 'til at least 1.00 am

Last edited by Cam on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cam
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Legends of Rock Theme Night, Victoria Hall, 3rd July

Postby Lizziesharks » Sun May 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Sounds like a fantastic night. I saw the Red Zephyrz playing on the big stage in George Square in Glasgow at Christmas and they were awesome even though it was about minus ten degrees! They were brilliant at MacGochans and the Argyll too but I can't wait to see them on a big stage again with all the lights and a massive PA. Wonder if I can still fit into my Suzi Quattro outfit :? !! Can I get tickets in Glasgow or are they only available in Campbeltown?
Lizziesharks
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Legends of Rock Theme Night, Victoria Hall, 3rd July

Postby Cam » Sun May 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Tickets are on sale primarily from the Aqualibrium centre in Campbeltown but you can also purchase them via the Red Zephyrz website (http://www.redzephyrz.com). They can either be posted to you or you can speak to any of the guyz at their Glasgow gigs which can also be found on the website.
Look forward to seeing you at the Victoria Hall on 3rd July.
Cam
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: The Red Zephyrz, Victoria Hall, 3rd July

Postby Gonzo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 pm

hey I hear the Red Zephyrz are one of the hotest bands in the West of Scotland. Good looking too! I am sure they will put on a stunning show . I ,for one, will definitely be there. Looking forward to boppin to Relax... a little Frankie goes a long way to making a good night brilliant!! Warehouse, haven't seen them before ... a new band ... excellent!!!!
Gonzo
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Lizziesharks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Hiya Gonzo (?? are you the "Gonzo"??). I can definitely vouch for the Redz - they are brilliant. I guarantee a good night will be had by all. Also, I have heard a little of Warehouse - awesome band. Young guys who really know how to "ROCK"!!! I'm really looking forward to it.
Lizziesharks
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby JonnyB » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:17 am

I was at a gig these guys played in a bar in Campbeltown at last years MOK festival and they were really very good. The crowd loved them as they played some great classic tracks . Their version of the Whos "Wont Get Fooled Again" was the best iv ever heard from a covers band. Im gonna make the trip from Glesgy to see them again and make a weekend of it :D
JonnyB
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Cam » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks for your kind words but 'Good Lookin' is taking it too far, Gonzo!
The Zedz are really looking forward to this and I know Alasdair and the boys from Warehouse
are too. Thanks also to those who have booked their tickets online through the Zephyrz website.
If you haven't already received them, they should be with you in the next day or so. Remember
to hang on to the stub. It's your entry to the prize draw and could win you the nights star prize!
See you on the 3rd July. :D
Cam
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby bud » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:31 am

warehouse are hoora good :mrgreen:
bud
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Cam » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:19 am

They are indeed, Bud. Seasoned campaigners at the Victoria Hall having played at the Survivors Night at last years MoK.
The Zedz were delighted when they agreed to appear on the same bill. Not to be missed so worth getting there early.
Cam
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby rock_chick45 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Hey Guys
Twas great to see you at O'Neils recently, was interested to see about your big gig in campbeltown. My boy who will be staying with his dad on that date is 13 and would love to come and see you. I was wondering if you could tell me if theres an age limit for the gig?
Thanks
Kirsty
rock_chick45
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Cam » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Kirsty
Glad you enjoyed the O'Neill's gig. Re- your question about your 13 year old - I have contacted the event organiser and he will get back you with an answer shortly. While I'm sure the bands themselves don't have any issues at all, he needs to check with the hirers regarding Council policy on minors attending events where the odd beer might be sold. Maybe someone can tell me what happens, for example, on Survivors Night or similar music events at The Vic. Do those have an 18 and Over only policy?
Anyway, thanks for asking, Kirsty. We'll try to clarify that as soon as possible.
Cam
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:17 pm

The Zephyrz in Campbeltown again - terrific! Is it the usual mix of great rock/pop tracks or are you just doing rock stuff? Can't wait to see the big show!!!
Matt
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Cam wrote:Hi Kirsty
Glad you enjoyed the O'Neill's gig. Re- your question about your 13 year old - I have contacted the event organiser and he will get back you with an answer shortly. While I'm sure the bands themselves don't have any issues at all, he needs to check with the hirers regarding Council policy on minors attending events where the odd beer might be sold. Maybe someone can tell me what happens, for example, on Survivors Night or similar music events at The Vic. Do those have an 18 and Over only policy?
Anyway, thanks for asking, Kirsty. We'll try to clarify that as soon as possible.

Cam

Under 18s are allowed IF you request this as part of your application to the Council for a licence to sell alcohol.

It says on your poster that you have a Licence so whoever submitted this will have details of this on the licence received back from the Council - IF they applied for it.

Looks like a good night - must get tickets

Regards
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Cam » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:42 am

Thanks for that 'Dignity'

The organiser will clarify the arrangement for Kirsty very soon.
I hope you can come to the gig too. If you can, I promise we'll play your
login name just for you. I'm assuming you are a Deacon Blue fan?

Cam
Cam
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Cam » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:05 am

Matt wrote:The Zephyrz in Campbeltown again - terrific! Is it the usual mix of great rock/pop tracks or are you just doing rock stuff? Can't wait to see the big show!!!

Hi Matt
Sounds like you've seen the Zedz before. Although the band are known for presenting quite technical stuff by Pink Floyd, Metallica, Coldplay, Keane, etc along with classic rock songs from the Stones and Queen through to The Killers and Biffy Clyro, the emphasis for the Legends of Rock night will be dancing. Just 'cos you're a rock band doesn't mean you can't throw a party now and then! As usual with the Red Zephyrz, there will be a few surprises, but I guarantee you'll know every song.
Have a great time, Matt.
Cam
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Next

Return to Archived events