McCormaig/McCormick

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

McCormaig/McCormick

Postby steve_roehrig » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:56 pm

I am new to the Kintyre Genealogy forum and am interested in any connections to McCormaig/McCormick genealogy. The following was written by Ian McDonald in Kintyre in his historical writings:

John McCarmaig who, with his family, emigrated to Carolina about 1768 and who married Barbara McEachern, had a very interesting link with Largie. Their son, Neil, married Catherine MacDonald whose mother was a sister of Flora MacDonald, so well known in Scots history for her efforts to help Bonnie Prince Charlie after the defeat at Culloden. The McCarmaigs were farmers at Dunashery (Doonaserie) near Rhunahaorine and were also tenants of the old meal mill at Kilmichael at the entrance to Ballochroy Glen.

I am descended from this line and would appreciate any historical or other information. Thank you, Steve
steve_roehrig
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: McCormaig/McCormick

Postby Iain » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi Steve…, better late than never ! :lol:

• Barbara McEachern 1756 – 1826
• Mary Ann McCarmaig "McCormick" – 1839
• Margaret McCarmaig "McCormick" 1773 – 1848
• Archibald McCarmaig "McCormick" 1776 – 1791
• Barbara McCarmaig "McCormick" 1780 –
• Elizabeth McCarmaig "McCormick" 1785 –
• John McCarmaig "McCormick" 1785 – 1858
• Neill Barr McCormick 1786 – 1851
• Katherine McCarmaig "McCormick" 1789 –
• Sarah McCarmaig "McCormick" 1791 –
• Malcolm McCarmaig "McCormick" 1792 – 1841
• Flora McCarmaig "McCormick" 1793 – 1856

Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bonatello » Sat May 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi there , My name is Steven McCormick , I am trying to find out about my great great great great grandfather Daniel McCormick , born in Appin around 1767 ... He married a Mary Hamel and had a daughter Sarah McCormick who went on to marry my 3g's Grandfather James McCormick ( Yip same name ) from Ireland .... Long shot I know .... Steve
bonatello
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby misande1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:14 pm

steve_roehrig wrote:I am new to the Kintyre Genealogy forum and am interested in any connections to McCormaig/McCormick genealogy. The following was written by Ian McDonald in Kintyre in his historical writings:

John McCarmaig who, with his family, emigrated to Carolina about 1768 and who married Barbara McEachern, had a very interesting link with Largie. Their son, Neil, married Catherine MacDonald whose mother was a sister of Flora MacDonald, so well known in Scots history for her efforts to help Bonnie Prince Charlie after the defeat at Culloden. The McCarmaigs were farmers at Dunashery (Doonaserie) near Rhunahaorine and were also tenants of the old meal mill at Kilmichael at the entrance to Ballochroy Glen.

I am descended from this line and would appreciate any historical or other information. Thank you, Steve

I too am descended from John McCormick/Daniel Webster McCormick/John Lang McCormick. My great uncle compiled a family history, though it lacks citations, I've been tracing his steps. I have a pdf copy and could be happy to share
misande1
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby lacymc » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:03 pm

I know it’s been a while since this thread was active but I am also a descendant from Daniel Webster McCormick. He was my great great great grandfather. His son, William Henry McCormick, was my great grandfather. I would appreciate any info you have. I have some information but not much.
lacymc
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby JLMc » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:26 pm

lacymc wrote:I know it’s been a while since this thread was active but I am also a descendant from Daniel Webster McCormick. He was my great great great grandfather. His son, William Henry McCormick, was my great grandfather. I would appreciate any info you have. I have some information but not much.

I am John Lang McCormick, grandson of John Lang McCormick and great-grandson of Daniel Webster McCormick. My father was Edward Land McCormick. I have cousins that have researched into this line of the family. I don't know anything about William Henry though he is mentioned in our family book as younger brother of my grandfather John Lang. I would be happy to answer any questions that i know.
John
JLMc
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy