Trying to trace the birth of Malcolm McCallum C 1750?

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Trying to trace the birth of Malcolm McCallum C 1750?

Postby quests » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi all,

I have managed to go back to the late 1700's on my Mclean side of the family. Remember John McLean b1808 who was known as Resurrection man due to the fact that his occupation was digging up the freshly buried bodies and then selling them on the the medical students in Glasgow. Well, his parents were a John Mclean b1787 and Marion McCallum b1778 but I cannot find Marions second marriage and I can only find her father, but not her mother. I found a son John McCallum b1802 with Marion as the mother, but no mention of a father. Illegitimate? Not sure, but would be nice to find out more if possible.

Also, John McLean's b1787 father was Alexander McLean b1760? who married Margaret Kelly b1763. I have Margaret's parents but not John's. It would seem that some were born around Southend before moving into Campbeltown years later.

I have gone through Ancestry but no joy and there are a few confusing family trees that people have submitted with many errors. However any help would be very much appreciated. :)
quests
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Trying to trace the birth of Malcolm McCallum C 1750?

Postby CaliGal » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:44 am

I wish you luck! The parents of John McLean b. 1808 are as far as I've gotten.
I had wondered why I couldn't find a death record for Marion McCallum, another marriage makes sense.

Dena
CaliGal
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Kintyre Genealogy