Looking for McSporran Male Ydna for family genealogy

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Looking for McSporran Male Ydna for family genealogy

Postby McSparin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:03 pm

Hello from the United States,
I was in Campbeltown last year and met with Angus Martin on my visit. My ancestors were buried in Kilkerran Cemetery and the earliest documentation I can find is a Duncan McSporran in Carradale 1541. My 82 y.o. father's Ydna has a match in Northern Ireland and six in the United States. I have a professional genealogist who has suggested finding a male McSporran in Scotland to do a Ydna 111 test through http://www.familytreedna.com. It would make the research go back even further. I have tried to find McSporrans in Kintyre region, but have had no success. If anyone on here knows of a male McSporran or is a male McSporran willing to do this (my expense), please, ask them to email me at marg.pearce12@gmail.com.

I will be in Northern Ireland the last week of June 2018 for the 300th anniversary of the 1718 migration from Ulster to the United States. My ancestors were from Kintyre, Scotland before moving to Ulster in the early 1600's. Then, they moved to the United States in 1718-1735.

Thank you for your time,
Marg McSparin-Pearce
McSparin
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Looking for McSporran Male Ydna for family genealogy

Postby pursebearer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Here you will find some McSporrans in Campbeltown:
www.thephonebook.bt.com/Person/PersonSe ... wn&Street=
also maybe try MacSporran and other postcode areas PA29 to PA31 and PA41.
pursebearer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy