Mcinlearrane/McLean Ancestory

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Mcinlearrane/McLean Ancestory

Postby Rosscokyoto » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:59 am

Hi everyone,

I’m very happy to be a new member of this Forum, and I hope this is the appropriate place to post this question.

I have been busy compiling my McLean family history on Ancestory.com. Using some documents from my father, and the Ancerstory.com service, I was able to accurately trace my roots back to a Neill Mcinlearrane baptized in Kilchrenan/Dalavich Parish in 1755. I believe his father may have been a John Mcinlearrane, married to a Catharine McPhaile. I unable to find any older records and have hit a brick wall. I have been able to piece together other Mcinlearrane members baptized and married in the same parish, and had a go I trying to guess some connections here and there.
You are welcome to have a look if you like:
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/tr ... familyview

Anyway, I wonder why further back the names were Mcinlearrane and other variations? Could they have been McLarens as well? Does anyone have any insight into this odd spelling of McLean? Some Irish connection perhaps? Thanks so much for reading.

Best regards.

Ross
Rosscokyoto
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy