Charles McLean

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Charles McLean

Postby calmac » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:01 am

Hello Again

I am still seeking information about descendants of Charles McLean born c 1825 in Ireland (don't know where) and his wife Flora McConachy of Killean whose family (father Archibald, mother More McLachlan) may have been from Gigha. Some of them are well known to me, but not all. Please post if you are a descendant of Charles or know anything. Thank you.
calmac
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Charles McLean

Postby lindaf » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:38 pm

Hi, no info on Charles but I've been looking again at info you probably do have. I remember you once mentioned to me about Flora using the name Duncan.
Have you purchased this Statutory death record from Scotlandspeople. The MC is probably McConachy on the full record. It always amazes me the info that does appear on the actual death record.

MCLEAN
FLORA DUNCAN MC
F
507/ 217
Campbeltown
lindaf
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Charles McLean

Postby calmac » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:51 pm

I have seen death records for both Flora and Charles. Both were paupers in their old age, and died in Campbeltown. There may just possibly be something about them in the minutes of the poor relief board.

It seems likely that Flora MacConachy born in Killean was part of a family originating from Gigha.

I would very much like to find more information about Charles McLean's parents, Duncan and Betsy (McLachlan). They came from Ireland, but I do not know where. So far I have not tracked down their deaths, which may have been before proper records were kept. Both probably died between 1841-51 census, although absence from an early census is not conclusive evidence that someone had died.
calmac
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Kintyre Genealogy