landyachts in kintyre

The concept of this forum is to help promote local businesses in Kintyre for FREE. This development is currently in BETA stage so please bear with us while it is developed!

landyachts in kintyre

Postby xsailer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:53 am

We're visiting Kintyre next week on holiday with our families - staying in Southend - and we're thinking of bringing along a couple of the mini landyachts that we make. We were thinking of contacting local businesses who would be interested in using our products to provide Activites and hire to locals. We're a Scottish company based in Edinburgh.

I wondered if anyone had ideas for likely businesses - it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also we wondered whether it was possible to get access to the old airbase at Machrihanish, as runways are brilliantly fast, and we don't have to wait for the tide to go out.
Thanks for any advice.
Tom
xsailer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: landyachts in kintyre

Postby jdcarra » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:00 am

xsailer wrote:We're visiting Kintyre next week on holiday with our families - staying in Southend - and we're thinking of bringing along a couple of the mini landyachts that we make. We were thinking of contacting local businesses who would be interested in using our products to provide Activites and hire to locals. We're a Scottish company based in Edinburgh.

I wondered if anyone had ideas for likely businesses - it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also we wondered whether it was possible to get access to the old airbase at Machrihanish, as runways are brilliantly fast, and we don't have to wait for the tide to go out.
Thanks for any advice.
Tom

Hi Tom

The airbase is still operational for the daily service from Glasgow and some visiting aircraft. May be someone on here will have more say on if that is possible.
You can always come to Carradale Bay's sandy airstrip which is used by microlights/planes yearly.An excellent beach when the tide is out for your purpose.

See post 23-05-11 on my website http://www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk/. Scroll the left hand column.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby xsailer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:30 am

jdcarra wrote:You can always come to Carradale Bay's sandy airstrip which is used by microlights/planes yearly.An excellent beach when the tide is out for your purpose.

Thanks for that. Is the airstrip immediately behind the beach?
xsailer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby jdcarra » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:54 am

xsailer wrote:
jdcarra wrote:You can always come to Carradale Bay's sandy airstrip which is used by microlights/planes yearly.An excellent beach when the tide is out for your purpose.

Thanks for that. Is the airstrip immediately behind the beach?

No Tom,I was referring to the beach when the tide is out.It is a level the whole stretch of the bay.
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby xsailer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:03 pm

jdcarra wrote:No Tom,I was referring to the beach when the tide is out.It is a level the whole stretch of the bay.

Aaah, gotya - I'll stop hunting on google maps for an airtsrip. Thanks again
xsailer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Businesses in Kintyre