The Jogscotland String

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Postby fiona28 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:38 pm

i'll be back next week at jogscotland - we could do some intervals if u fancy it pans, i had been saying this to trudy that we should be introducing it for those who want it and if we have 3 leaders next week there is no reason why we cant - that right djd im sure you could guide us along :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:24 pm

Glad to help out if needed,but you have all the main ingredient needed most,Enthusiasm

Looking forward to next week already
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:57 pm

Intervals at Jogscotland sounds good :? I used to do an intervals session most weeks, but during the summer I have got out of the habit of doing them :oops:

I find the thought of doing this session worse than actually doing it! I find it harder to motivate myself in the warmer weather as well. Take tonight for example, it was so warm that I wasn't tempted to give them a go, but if it was a group session I would be forced to do them, which is what I'm needing.

I find it easier in the winter when I do more treadmill running, as I make one of my sessions an intervals session. It's easy to control the pace and time on the treadmill compared to the road, as I know I get slower and slower with each interval attempt on the road when my legs start to tire!
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Sounds like a few of us are up for interval training sessions fiona28 .

I need to do it with a group to push me further as i give up too easily when out on my own. Just as iceblue said the thought of doing this session is worse than actually doing it. Phew !
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:50 pm

Which is the Jog Scotland night?

When are the intervals? I'm terrible at them on my own too!

What about the famous Bengullion hilly run? when is that?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:12 pm

tuesday at 6pm outside the red cross hall 4th, would love to have u on board 8)

what about intervals up n down the "small incline" on bengullion pans :oops:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:24 pm

fiona28 wrote:

what about intervals up n down the "small incline" on bengullion pans :oops:

Eh . hold on a minute ,I can barely jeest manage to get to the top as it is, but on second thoughts I am up for the challenge . :D Need to push myself if I want to improve. Let's DO it !
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:23 pm

Just recovered from tonights run to the Sheep Fanks.....enjoyed upping the tempo DJD. Need to do that more often. Thanks for the support . At least it kept me quiet for a time. :)

Iceblue forgot to ask how many calories we burned tonight. :o
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:08 pm

1031 cals Pans Lass :shock:

The faster you run the more you burn off!
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Carmen » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:49 pm

Enjoyed the run last night. Will eventually reach the sheep fanks. Everyone keeps u going.
Thanks
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby DJD » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:04 pm

Trudy pushed the pace Pans Lass,and you kept it up.You did that mile at 8:55 pace so that l would say that it is your tempo pace for now,so practice that pace over the comming weeks.Well done
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:31 pm

You are all doing really well folks and I miss you lots... are we going back to Wednesdays Fiona or is Jogscotland night a Tuesday now?? :( :( The trainers have now been cleared of the cobwebs and Panslass is dragging me out on Friday morning! Hope I won't disgrace myself totally - be gentle with me luv hehe xx
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby fiona28 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:57 pm

i'll need to confab with trudy n joan on that one Ags, tues was supposed to be for the summer only combining beginners and intermediate but a wed is difficult for joan to get away from the hotel, how would a monday do for beginners at 7pm - post your thoughts
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby caro » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:47 pm

The Tuesday is great for me personally as it means I can go to toning on Monday! and my wee boy is busy on Tuesdays so it means I can manage along (even though I don't get very far!) :oops:
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:59 pm

hi all

just had a meeting with trudy and joan and the nite and time that suits best is monday at 6:50pm at the red cross hall for the beginners and saturday at 9am for the intermediate - prob best to meet in the comm centre car park.

hope you can all manage in your multitudes, toning girls dont worry you can do both - couldnt do without my wiggler caro 8)

i have been onto jogscotland today about memberships and hopefully something will be done this time, if any of you have received your membership packs give us a wee post to let us know.

please post here to put your name down for transport and / or room for the 2nd sept in glasgow - we want a defo list by tues 28th aug.

new times will start on saturday 8 sept and monday 10 sept.

any thing to say post back - dont be shy :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat