The Jogscotland String

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Postby caro » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:08 pm

Just looked for any Travelodge rooms on the saver for 1st September but they don't seem to do Saturday nights on the cheap! :roll: Any other suggestions for somewhere to stay?
caro
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ags » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:57 pm

Me off the juice on a Saturday night Fiona - good grief? Is that what I have to do to be a serious runner :D :D Oh well.... Tescos wine profits will be on the way down!!
Very well done Caro - its such good banter it keeps you going doesn't it?
Dont book the Bellahouston Hotel the potato scones are too good there for Pans Lass to resist :D :wink: :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:06 pm

caro wrote:Thanks for tonight everyone! Really enjoyed my first stint with JogScotland - looking forward to next week already! :lol:

Well done caro ..like to hear it, keep up the enthusiasm ! :) See you next week.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:11 pm

And well done Pans Lass for conquering that hill up the Bengullion track tonight :D
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:12 pm

Ags wrote:Me off the juice on a Saturday night Fiona - good grief? Is that what I have to do to be a serious runner :D :D Oh well.... Tescos wine profits will be on the way down!!
Very well done Caro - its such good banter it keeps you going doesn't it?
Dont book the Bellahouston Hotel the potato scones are too good there for Pans Lass to resist :D :wink: :D

I agree Ags.. :lol: :lol: Lets go somewhere where they don't serve potato scones. :lol:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:17 pm

iceblue wrote:And well done Pans Lass for conquering that hill up the Bengullion track tonight :D

Thanks Iceblue ...your encouragement kept me going right to the top even though I could not say a word let alone breathe. Felt great although. :D :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:58 pm

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g203/anbnan/?action=view&current=grease.jpg

Found this and thought you runners would appreciate it! LOL

Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tarbert Mags » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:16 pm

Hi everyone

Apologies for lack of postings since the MOKRUN weekend - you didn't scare us all off - honest!! Work and life has just been really busy. It was great to meet you all and all 13 of us had an excellent time.

Your Jog Scotland group sounds really enthuasiastic and hopefully will keep going for many years to come.

Our group started in February 2003 and is still going strong. Tarbert has also got a good group and I know the leaders there - you should get some Mid Argyll and Kintyre rivalry going.

The next thing you have to do is get a website. We set one up recently at www.jogscotland-chryston.org.uk which is great for putting all our photos and race reports on, and if you read the "race diaries" section you will find a very complimentary write up of our MOKRUN weekend. I'm sure Davie P has nothing better to do and can set something up for you?

Fiona28 - if you want to get in touch with any of your fellow Jog Leaders up here then let us know.

Will see you all in September by the sounds of things. I might manage to find Ags and Pans Lass this time.

Keep on running!!!!

Mags
Tarbert Mags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ags » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:57 pm

Will arrange a better meet up point this time Tarbert Mags - will let Pans Lass know you are back - she has had to call off our usual Friday run and her computer is on the blink - JEESO!!! How she will cope???? Bet she's cleaning - are you PL? :wink: :wink:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby fiona28 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:21 pm

hi tarbert mags, checked out your website its very impressive indeed :D have been thinking along the lines of our girls taking on the mid argyll lot but at the minute we are all concentrating on glasgow in september, should b a good confidence boost for everyone and a great chance for team building :D

if your lot are going to be in glasgow the night before we could all do pasta together somewhere and bore each other to death with running stories :shock: but seriously it would be great to meet with an established jogscotland group it would help us jogleaders out especially.

Us 3 jogleaders are very keen but have many other commitments between us so our growth is going to be slow but sure - we are just so lucky with the group of girls (and boys) that we have with us, they are all fantastic and so keen that they make it so worthwhile for us and we leave every meet with new energy :D

poor wee pans lass, its no worth cleaning doll its the start of the summer hols, just wait until the end cos the wains'll just destroy in 10 mins any head way you have made with the dust :wink: thats my theory anyway, why waste time dusting it only gets dusty again, you could be out there jogging and getting some miles in the tank 8)

anyway im away to bed now totally exhausted, just made 4 doz fairy cakes etc etc for daughters birthday party 2moro and did 3 hours toning and salsa session with the grammar school kids in the morning - dont worry did a promo for Jogscotland as well :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Tarbert Mags » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:59 am

Fiona, thanks for your comments. We will all need to try and catch up in September.

Was having another look at our website and forgot there was an article about Joan Brown, it looks like she's very famous up here in Cumbernauld. Have a look at www.jogscotland-chryston.org.uk/articles/news to see more. It has a link to a Cumbernauld News article about Joan.
Tarbert Mags
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:13 pm

Good run along Westport beach tonight with Jog Scotland. Tough run on the soft sand but worth the challenge . Great for building up stamina. :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:00 pm

It was a tough run on the beach tonight Pans Lass with the tide being so far in, and it does make the legs work really hard.

And besides, if all runs were easy we wouldn't push ourselves and improve, so it was a good challenge tonight :)
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Skerry » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:44 pm

Iceblue I reckon you'll get a pleasant suprise when you run your next race as your putting in a lot of good training and improving. 8)
Skerry
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby iceblue » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Thanks Skerry .... I certainly hope so :)

Only 2 and a half weeks to go now, where on earth does the time go :o
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat