The Jogscotland String

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Postby fiona28 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:39 pm

me again

looking for some help - can anyone tell me how to load tunes from my computer onto my i-tunes for my i-pod :? did it for the mokrun and cant remember how i did it - really need 2 update my motivation songs.

ive made a playlist on the computer of what i want to put onto i-pod but cant seem to bring it across n its driving me mental, i dont have hours to footer with this - i like to think i do quite well for a girl with this computer stuff but this one has got me round the twist :x :x

please help keep me sane :x
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Can't really help with the computer trouble Fiona28 - a bit useless myself!! Can footer around and get it done - but certainly couldn't explain how... Sorry Caro if its my fault this has changed - but a Monday does suit me much better!! See you on the 10th - well see you on the 2nd now that I am going......... Just going to post on the training string about that :lol:
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby SmithD » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:14 pm

fiona28 wrote:me again

looking for some help - can anyone tell me how to load tunes from my computer onto my i-tunes for my i-pod :? did it for the mokrun and cant remember how i did it - really need 2 update my motivation songs.

ive made a playlist on the computer of what i want to put onto i-pod but cant seem to bring it across n its driving me mental, i dont have hours to footer with this - i like to think i do quite well for a girl with this computer stuff but this one has got me round the twist :x :x

please help keep me sane :x

I thought once you have your play list on screen and you plug your ipod in it automatically update it with any new music that you have? I may be wrong as I've not put any new one's on for a while.
SmithD
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:32 pm

you are rite smithd but i cant get the playlist to transfer from my computer to the i-tunes listings - maybe i dont need to ill try downloading from my computer, i thot i had to use i=tunes, away to try.

ags its nobodys fault its all to do with when we 3 jogleaders can mostly spare the time, joan works in hotel every nite except mon and tues, trudy is away half the week and as im out already on a monday doing toning i mite as well have a wee jog after and it means i dont have to commit myself to leaving stan with the kids ANOTHER night :D

hopefully it will suit as many of you as possible
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 am

I was speaking to your wee sister laaaaaaaaaaate last night Fiona28, her in her fancy boots! she is very lively!

Anyway, she has now convinced me to come to JogScotland, I'll be there soon!
And Moira says she is going in for the Oban half marathon!! :wink:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:39 pm

hey 4th was telling wee sis bout your posting, she reckons she told you she was doing 10k in glasgo - not 1/2 in oban.

i shall leave it to the readers to decide who was drunk, my wee sister in her pink n white dotted wellies or yerself - a man of good integrity who would have been sober :shock: :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:01 pm

Hmmmm .................... that's very debatable! Especially during MOKFEST!!! 8)
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:37 pm

Well Annie, to your surprise, and mine! I was DRIVING :shock: :shock: my Southend bevvy boy buddies around that night :? so sober as a judge I was..........must say, I never ever ever could have foreseen the day I would drive to the music festival.

I enjoyed it fine though, likely every bit as much as if I had been boozin' mind you, I'm not always Mr Sober Suits! :roll:

Och , Fiona, I know Moira said the Glasgow 10k was her target......was just hoping to jolt her into heading for the Oban half....or 10k!

Just a wee bit about listening to music whilst running......I never have! I dont have an I Pod or anything like that right enough. For me out on the country roads I feel I need my wits about me listening for cars coming round that blind corner or over the summit.

I usually get some kind of wee tune or song into my head and try and make my feet falls suit that..........for some reason, the one that came into my mind during the MOK 10k was Acceptable In The Eighties.....which I did not even think I knew before then!...still dont know who sings it.

I also practise breathing :roll: it is always better to keep breathing!! a kind of two steps on the in breath and one on the exhalation.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:42 pm

Holy Mackeral Batgirl! Did you see there is now a snowball in hell!!!!!!!

Just in keeping with the string, 4th Gen is just like the wee running man in his Avatar! Pechin away and singing to himself!

8) :lol: :) :D 8) :lol: :) :D
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:15 pm

Fiona,

re your ipod.

open iTunes. on the top left click on "File", then "Add file to Library". You'll see a file directory. Locate where your music files are on your PC and click "open". Your music files will automatically be added to you iTunes music library (I hope). After that, just drag them from your iTunes library to your ipod folder, plug in your i-pod and the ipod should update automatically. At least, that's whoot the wean said :shock:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Carmen » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:02 pm

Thanks everyone for tonight. Can't believe I ran a 10k. Everyone kept me going. :D
Carmen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby fiona28 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:45 pm

cheers rab, ive eventually got there, i think i was doing what u said but in a round about way, got there eventually :?

good run 2nite for all the jogscotland people. 3 group split 2nite, the fast 10k, the girls who did their first 10k without a walky bit in the middle and 2 new ladies who got to the Dhorlin and back with a walk jog. :D

well done to all, every single one of you pushed for your targets 2nite and achieved. :D

pans lass - get the bananas or the jelly babies - hope you have recovered. :oops:

on a more serious note, have had a text from trudy she fell on ben nevis and has broken her wrist, is in plaster upto the elbow and in much pain :( poor thing, we are all thinking about you truds. next time you'll be at jogscotland instead of away climbing a "small incline"!!!!!!! :shock:

thats a double red face for wee moi 2nite 4th, she got round her practise 10k 2nite nae bother but ive told her when she does glasgow she'd be better with the big pink wellies off :shock: :D 8) n "are u the wan that wears the glasses" is all coming back to her :oops:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:55 pm

re the music while you run, it all started with the boredom on the treadmill during the winter, i had a wee cheap mp3 to keep me running cos the treadmill does my nut in, then at my birthdy all my buddies got me a lovely i-pod - only one prob - how to load the tunes.

managed somehow on the sat of the mok to at last get them on, mostly i love being out n enjoyin nature like yersel 4th but for the last few miles of the mok half marathon i stuck on the tunes to inspire me and keep me going, its lonely out ther 4 the length o time it takes me and what with no-one to blether to i jist stick on the i-pod and start grinning again and sing totally tunelessly to myself as i grind out the last few miles. :oops:

i also find i can go faster when i put on my dance tunes 8)
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ags » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:45 am

Oh gawd 4th Gen - you were sober!! Sorry for the complete and utter running garbage I probably spoke then..... but nice nice to meet you anyhow!! Just as well me and Pans Lass don't get out often hoho x very sore legs after yesterday but I had that coming!! See you at Jogscotland when you manage = they are a fine bunch :D
Ags
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pans Lass » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:06 pm

Just recovered after my fast 10k race last night, wee legs are so tired tonight, but I know why. The body needs fuel. Not good running on empty and I should know better. Thanks DJD for the brambles you grabbed from the side of the road as you ran past , they helped me the last mile. :)

Well done to all the jogscotland girls who completed a trial 10k last night, especially the first timers.WELL DONE ! You must be so proud of yourselves. Glasgow here we come.... 8)

Spoke to Trudy this morning and she is in good spirits...wait for it .....yip she is still on for the Great North race in 5 weeks. Having a cast on won't hinder our Trudy....We can all sympathize with you Trudy and you have our support. Go for it . :)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat