The Jogscotland String

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Postby iceblue » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Enjoyed our jogscotland run to the sheepfanks tonight Pans Lass :) It was a beautiful evening to be out running, and other runners were spotted as well :wink:

The easy pace was just what I needed after yesterday's long run, although my sore legs from that run were okay again by this morning :)
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:22 pm

Enjoyed our run too iceblue...nice easy pace for a 10km. Was afraid I was keeping you back but after you told me you ran a 13.6 miles last night I knew you would be happy to stay at my pace. :D Couldn't believe you still had energy left. Enjoy your 'rest ' days this week. You deserve them. :)

Must get a watch like yours.....couldn't believe the calories we burned tonight. :shock:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:59 pm

Good turn out tonight at Jog Scotland...well done Joan for keeping us all under control.

Love the Bengullion run....always feel so good after it . I think its that 'hill' that does it. :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:56 am

what the hell are you doing up at this time pans lass. :shock: well done to joany her first attempt at flying solo, knew she could do it 8)

im surfing for songs and trying to put 2gether a cd for your toning plus class pans, got to keep you happy :D

thats me away to my bed, sorry i didnt make it but working till 10.30 tonight and thursday night, a week of many working hours this week.

also its starting to look highly unlikely that im going to make islay on saturday due to family/work committments - what a shame, my number sitting ther awaiting me too, never mind.

apologies about that iceblue i was going to watch your back for you while you hammered round. hope it all goes well for you :D :D
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:32 pm

Awww Fiona 28 :( Sorry to hear it's looking like you can't make it over to Islay now, and you were the one who persuaded me into entering!!!

I don't know about "hammering" round, I'll just be trying to keep going and not stop and take the odd walking break, like I did at MOK :oops: It's just so easy to stop when the going gets tough, so I want to improve on that!
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby fiona28 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:39 pm

sorry iceblue, i do feel like ive let you down even tho i know you are quite capable of going on your own :D ill just have to make it up to you. you'll do great then i wont feel so bad - so do great :D :D

thats the mini bus now booked to take us to galsgow in september, anyone out there been thro their test???
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:40 pm

fiona28 wrote:im surfing for songs and trying to put 2gether a cd for your toning plus class pans, got to keep you happy :D

also its starting to look highly unlikely that im going to make islay on saturday due to family/work committments - what a shame, my number sitting ther awaiting me too, never mind.

:D :D

Was mad I missed the Toning Plus class last night Fiona28 , especially as it was the first of its kind. Had a social engagement I could NOT get out of, but will be back on track next week. Looking forward to hearing your new music . :D

Shame you won't manage Islay but family come first. At least you still have the Glasgow half coming up in September. It should be a good day out for all us Jog Scotlander's. :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:54 pm

dont u b panicing pans lass the toning plus didnt start last nite, now that ive got the music in the order i want it ive got to do all the moves and even harder for me - remember them, but ive got my wee blue book so ill be okay!!

so you'll be there cause the plus class starts first week in september, whats on just now is monday 5.30 toning monday 7.00 salsacize and weds 5.30 salsacize and 7.00 toning.

c u on monday.
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:05 am

Glad i never missed the official first night of Toning + . Phew !

Now I can sleep....thats made my night . Look forward to it starting in September. :D

Be there at the class next Monday. :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:13 am

there you go now pans its not a disaster after all, sleep tight a runner must have a good nites sleep to aid recovery and prepare for the next toughie...

nite nite you wee nite owl :shock:
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Joan Brown » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Hello everyone
I still follow your jogscotland string as I had such a great time in May and wish I could be running around beautiful Kintyre intead of Cumbernauld! However I am training for the Great Scottish Run 10k- although I do quite a few runs I only run for Charity once a year so I don't pester my friends too often- but this is the one for this year and I am running for Sense,which works with deafblind and disabled children and adults.
If anyone would like to know more about Sense and how to sponsor me online, please click below. I would be really grateful for your support
Love and best wishes
Joan Brown
http://www.justgiving.com/joanbrown
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:27 pm

Good to hear that you are still running Joan.

A group of us from Jog Scotland are in training right now for this run too. . Who knows we may bump into you. :)

Donation on its way thru Just Giving.Good Luck with your sponsorships.
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Joan Brown » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:17 pm

It would take a lot to stopme from running now. Thanks for your support- hope to see you in Glasgow.
Joan Brown xxx
Joan Brown
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby iceblue » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Enjoyed the change of route on the jogscotland run tonight of 4.27 miles around town. It was my first run since Islay and my sore legs have now recovered, so i was ready to get back into the training again :)
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:25 pm

Enjoyed route tonight too with Jog Scotland.

You recovered quickly iceblue from your half marathon after only 2 days rest. Amazing... :)

Need to take on board what DJD suggested and do some interval training as I know this will help me progress. Anyone interested in doing it as a group ? DJD might need some coaching to get us started . 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat