Sport Relief

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Sport Relief

Postby The Otter » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 pm

I realise that some of you may be doing this race or be already sponsoring
Other local runners, but if not :-

I’m going to run the Sport Relief 6 mile race at Campbeltown on the 21st March - please sponsor me! The money you give will help people living incredibly tough lives both at home in the UK and across the world's poorest countries. Thank you for all your support.
To sponsor me please click on the following link.
http://www.mysportrelief.com/teddyer
The Otter
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Sport Relief

Postby jackiefulton » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:20 am

Well done Otter,

will be getting some info posted soon about the local mile

in the meantime all you runners out there, please sign up soon - online best - but if anyone wants to do it through Home-start just pm me

also be looking for marshalls soon - so please let me know here or pm me

Thanks for your support

as usual we hope it will be a good warm up for the MOKRUN and a chance for all ages to get out and have a bit o fun together, feel a little fitter and raise awareness and raise funds for a worthwhile cause and

for the handicap series folk get training cos DJD will be timing you :D (is anyone giving their new shorts a first airing at Sport Relief!!)
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Pans Lass » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 am

Jackie , I see 3 different times for Sports Relief advertised in Aqualibrium

12.30pm St Kierans
1pm Esplinade
1-1.30pm St Kierans

Are they for the different races ???

Could you clarify thanks
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:33 am

Does anyone know if is it possible to change the distance you have entered on the day? Sam has entered 1 mile but would now like to try the 3 mile. :roll:
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Brilliant fun day at Sports relief , really enjoyed 'running' the mile with my friends kids . It was great to see so many families participate in this charity event and a job well done to Home Start for organising this and making it such a success. Loved seeing the kids faces light up when given their medal , it was priceless . :D

Well done to all those who ran either the 3 or 6 miles . Great times !! 8)
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 am

Pans Lass wrote:Brilliant fun day at Sports relief , really enjoyed 'running' the mile with my friends kids . It was great to see so many families participate in this charity event and a job well done to Home Start for organising this and making it such a success. Loved seeing the kids faces light up when given their medal , it was priceless . :D

Well done to all those who ran either the 3 or 6 miles . Great times !! 8)

Thanks Gail and thanks for your help with distribution of medals :D

Well done to everyone who took part and thanks for supporting Home-Start to host a family event, where folk can have good fun, some good feel factor from the physical exercise :lol: and raise cash for the worthwhile causes that Sport Relief contributes to.

See you in 2012!
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat