Campbeltown Running Club

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club

Postby elainemck » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 pm

I think everyone really enjoyed last night's pyramid sprint training session, I know I certainly did and I deserved my lasagne and chips afterwards :lol: .

Jen21 we are missing you already but you will have a great time so just enjoy :D

We have a great start to an excellent running club here in Campbeltown and hope that it will continue to grow. From speaking to Fiona and other JS members I am sure both clubs can work together to make them both work to full potential and meet soon to discuss more plans together so they can compliment and support each other, each club isn't in competition with each other - they both serve different purposes.

As I've mentioned previously the club welcomes anyone to join the club, to come to any training session including and to a Saturday morning. We had hoped on setting that time on a Saturday unofficially for the club so that the WTR group would join us (as most of us went then anway with WTR) if they wished and we could run as 'one', as has been said, no need for duplication. This could be something we could talk at at a meeting together as I don't like talking too much on this forum as it seems to have caused unnecessary upsets in the past. I think it would be great to see more JS members progress to join the club in the future and even some of the leaders who are fantastic runners and the club can help progress. Remember the club just isn't about our training sessions together, it's building a community of runners so even if you can't make the training you can still join and vice versa. Of course, it's everyones choice whether to join the club or not but it would be great to band together even if it's for social nights oot :wink:

This Saturday we are meeting as usual at 9am outside Aqua and I think initial plans are maybe to run from Westport over to Machrihanish. All welcome.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:17 am

Thanks for posting Elaine.

The signs are good----no golf on Saturday, so I hope to be there,

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Holy Cabana!!!! Watch out for Elaine's suggestion that Westport to Machrihanish is the route. Ended up at Ballygroggan and back and 14 miles to the good. We were in the watter at Westport, cooling the feet/legs/lactic doon. The last time I ran that distance, I had hair. Really enjoyed it, though.

I'm going to set the alarm tonight, so that I can wake up, tomorrow, to replace the batteries in the alarm clock, so that I can set it again to wake up in time for work on Monday morning.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Now that you have had a good month of intro to some of the session's that we will bo doing over the next few months or more,l would like to say to thos that have never been involved with that sort of group training you all adapted very well and in real terms, you put some good hard efforts into those sessions and it was a pleasure to be part of it.

Katie will take the clubs Sept month training and will take it up a notch or two in the workouts on the Tuesday and Thursday nights, that will be very beneficial in the progress of becomming a stronger and hopefully a faster runner as we move into the winter period training for that spring event or as some has set their site on to beat that PB time for the MoK.(we are sure you will) guaranteed.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:20 pm

What a beautiful night for a run tonight, well done all.

Rab - have a good weekend away and make sure you go for a wee dip in the sea again after your 'marathon'! :wink:

Good luck to all running at Achnamara and Paisley 10k this weekend, see you all Tuesday at the Gauldrons.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks Elaine.

P1ssing with rain down here today. Going to get a soaking at the golf :(
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 pm

Members please remember to log on, or you wont get access to private forum.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 pm

Well done you club runners and non club runners at the WTR handicap tonight,will post on it tomorrow hopefully with the results.Really come on here to say l am looking forward to September's club running schedule that Katie has put up and she has certainly moved it up at just the right notch.

The other thing was, or is, this club in my view really will be unique in it's quiet way due to Elaine and Rab who have done us a great job, and of course us runners because we all have the same passion and its simply just "Running".

Thanks to the Kintyre Sports Council for their support for the CRC.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:13 pm

I hope you are going to knock 30 secs off the times of the dafties who took the scenic, cross country route in the last 1k last night DJD :wink:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:59 pm

DJD wrote:Well done you club runners and non club runners at the WTR handicap tonight,will post on it tomorrow hopefully with the results.Really come on here to say l am looking forward to September's club running schedule that Katie has put up and she has certainly moved it up at just the right notch.

The other thing was, or is, this club in my view really will be unique in it's quiet way due to Elaine and Rab who have done us a great job, and of course us runners because we all have the same passion and its simply just "Running".

Thanks to the Kintyre Sports Council for their support for the CRC.

Thanks DJD but the club's strength is all about its members and not individuals. There are lots of people out there doing their best to make CRC a success and you are one of them. i hope to see you all tomorrow on the starting blocks. Feel as if i'm back in the land of the living after giving the old liver and kidneys a bit of a battering at the weekend---and no! I don't mean in the deep fat fryer :lol:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:17 pm

4th gen Suthen' wrote:I hope you are going to knock 30 secs off the times of the dafties who took the scenic, cross country route in the last 1k last night DJD :wink:

More like 3 mins 4th gen! I was one of the sheep who went the wrong way and added on another 1/4 of a mile as well as some rock climbing, lol. I blame a certain someone... you know who you are!! :wink: Thoroughly enjoyed the scenery though and the banter!

I'm unsure whether I'll join in with training tomorrow night or not (katfer you're regime might just kill me off ha ha!!) but I will turn up at 6.30 regardless IF the vests arrive this time so hopefully I can issue them out especially for anyone who hopes to wear it on Sunday at the GSR. Will be arranging a club photo soon :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Lorna Mac » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 am

Hee Hee, Elaine thank you very much for making me continue to the finish line after I gave up after our little detour, was definately eventful, Demoralising to say the least but the craic was definately good.
Lorna Mac
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Good session tonight folks and a great turnout.

Best of luck to all of our runners on Sunday.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Loved tonight's run, good support and banter again and noone went the wrong way!

I hope the weather is as kind on Sunday - good luck everyone :-)
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:01 am

Anyone know which route tonights interval session will take. Will be ten/fifteen minutes late, but would hope to hook up at some point.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat