Campbeltown Running Club

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club

Postby elainemck » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Great to see so many at training Tue/Thursdays even when it's blowing a gale like last Thursday!! The training is obviously paying off too with everyone really improving, well done all! :D

When the numbers are as big as they were on Tuesday we may split into two groups again to ease the congestion between runners and to make it more safe in the dark nights, it will just be decided on the night depending on numbers. We should also remember to look out the lovely reflective gear (boys - get those lovely fuschia pink jackets on :wink: ) and try our best to keep to the right when there isn't a pavement.

Thanks to the motorists out there who are patient with us who slow down and give us room, it's hard for us runners in the winter dark nights, we will all make an effort not to get in your way :D

CRC website is being updated tonight with latest news, photos and committee meeting minutes.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:30 am

Have we still got a base group going? I think my return is on the cards, been doing a little bit the last night or 2 and everything seems to be ok.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:20 am

Not really Peter,the reason being is the club numbers are good but as usual it the number crunch on the people joining/injured/pre race /post race are small,but there is an odd few that would rather come out with you,if you would take the group,and to be honest you would be ideal person to take it on, over the next few weeks and onwards. You might have to advertise it.

So over to you Peter,just use your knowledge you have gained over the year or two and put it into practice with your group and l think you would do a good job at it too.

That is if you want of course, l know there is a few would rather run with you than me for reasons l know ,and l would say to all that would run and are thinking about it,come and join the base group and start off a fresh with no pressure attached and you can talk about what your aims are and goals,that way we can advise or help in everyway we can,but of course that is up to you.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:19 pm

Never got to read this before tonight Donald sorry.
Had there been a few more then I could have taken the group,I just needed tonight to make sure I could do a bit before committing myself to Base group.
I think tonight worked pretty good, as it gave me the option of doing as many hills as I could, and also cutting off a corner or two in the warm down. All in all everything went ok.
Lots of new faces too, have I been out for that long. lol
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:06 pm

l have put a good Training race calculator on the CRC forum for anyone to use.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:58 pm

There is no training tonight,too dodgy underfoot at the moment,so a good rest is as good as a run,they say.(treadmill is looking good for some) or x train is even better.

See you all Thurs,if weather permitting.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 pm

I doubt if Thursday night 5mile time trial will go ahead due to the predicted weather forcast,but l have put something on our clubs forum ref a "January Burner".

Perfect for the time of the year.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 pm

The January months training is up already up on the CRC calendar,thanks to Katfer,must say its a cracker of a month,there is something for everyone to get stuck into.It will certainly get you ready for our next club race for members, based on the handicap system,which will be a 5miler and is called the

"January Burner" on Sunday the 30th January 10am. (cross country)

Venue South Glencreggan (Glenbarr)

By kind permission of the land owner Adam Armour.

Let me know if you are up for it (some people already have)so l can have your handicap down on paper.

Thanks
Last edited by DJD on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Donald,

Is it not January 30th?

Katie
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Aye you are right,thanks katie,just made the amendment now.

Glad someone is on the ball,cos l'm not.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby peenkles21 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:20 am

I'm in Donald.

I will also be on time, I promise. :<>
Zinedine Zidane, who remarked the following after Makélélé' was sold and Beckham was bought:
Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?
peenkles21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:53 am

You know I'm in Donald.

I'm off today, so I intend to have a light run late this morning to see how things go, so I won't see you guys tonight. Will see you all on Tuesday. I hope you're all ready to get rid of that festive excess!!
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:49 pm

Just looked at the training plans for January on http://campbeltownrunningclub.com/webcalendar/month.php I'm tired just reading it! Thanks for that katfer/djd :roll: Looking forward to kick starting the year with some challenging training runs as well as the January burner at the end of the month :D

Just entered a few other races too - the Jack Crawford Springburn cup 10k on Saturday 15th and Balloch to Clydebank half marathon in March. Anyone else doing them? I've enjoyed both of these races when we've done them. Not doing the Nigel Barge this year. Lots of races to look forward to this year! Maybe even a CRC trip away...

I've received some of the club clothing order and will bring it along before training the next few evenings so please bring with you a cheque or cash to pay if you have ordered something. I think hoodies look really smart :-) Those newest members who are awaiting a vest they should be with us by the end of the month.

MOKRUN places are also filling up fast so enter soon if you are wanting a space.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Sorry folks, I am not going to make it again tonight. I've been in bed since 5 a.m on New Years Day. Not a hangover--honest. I just can't seem to shake this damn thing off. Find it difficult to even get up to go to the loo!! Bit better today, but I've said that before, only last week. Had two decent days Thursday, Friday and thought that was me clear, but it arrived back with a vengeance New Years Day. Missed steak pie at the in-laws, not one drop of alcohol, since about 5 a.m on New Years.

Quietest New Year ever. Weight falling too.

If I hadn;t felt so shitty I would have said that it was the ideal way to kick off New Year :shock:

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Sorry to hear that Rab, hope you feel better soon. The flu seems to be hitting folk hard at the moment, even big Tommy Soup had to stop training halfway tonight before nearly coughing up a lung!
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat