Campbeltown Running Club

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 pm

All the best Jen21. The trip of a lifetime.

Robert
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Have a safe 'round the world' trip Jen . An experience of a lifetime . ! Hope you meet some good running buddies along the way . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Very jealous jen21, wish i had done it when i was your age - enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 pm

Tell me to mind my own :D but was talking to elaine during the week and it seems that our two local running groups offering the exact same time and place to meet up and have company for your long run!

JSC has been offering long runs on a saturday for the last 2-3 years, seems like a bit of a duplication for the running club to offer the same?? and a bit dissappointing for those who cannot make a saturday morning at 8:50.

With two groups on the go surely to give choice/alternative to people it would seem wiser to offer another timeslot/ day to what is already on offer?
eg sunday morning, friday night, saturday at 7am??

I am sure there will be a reason behind it - again just my own opinion - others may see it differently
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:35 am

Fiona,l don't really see the point to your question,without really knowing what the full conversation was about.

As you know their has always been a LSR on Sunday and has been for the last 5 years or more.Now l believe you run on a Friday,so thats another choice.So we have the 3 available times.

In the running community here,the number of runners who want to do the LSR is small and it is usually they are going to enter some race at some time in the near future or are training for a marathon etc,so that is all that needs catering for.

Then there is the the type of training available for that small number to choose how they want to train,so it is differcult to dictate to runners when and where to do their running.

So if you are saying we should all band together if thats what the conversation was about,then do it on the morning of the Saturday run or leave the option open as it is now.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jen21 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Thanks guys, sitting in London heathrow just now waiting on my flight to Bangkok....hope i making you's all jealous :wink: So sad to be leaving everyone but its only for 8 months.

Good luck to everyone running 10k's, half marathons & marathons this year....i hope you's all get the time you want. See you all next year :D
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby stuartmcg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Good luck to Jennifer on her round the world trip. She'll be sorely missed but at least we won't need to do five grammar loops anytime soon!

On another note, I think it's a good suggestion Fiona about other time slots for running, however at the initial meetings everyone seemed to favour Saturday morning at 9am. As mentioned before the club is happy for anyone to join in our training session on a Saturday morning so it makes sense if JS join in with us to avoid duplication, and people can choose to do a smaller distance if they wish. Unfortunately there were no represenatatives from Jog Scotland at the meetings so we had no input regarding training dates and times, therefore we went with the majority from who attended.

Hopefully the club and JS can work together with regards encouraging and progressing runners in the area as it seems to work really well in other parts of Scotland.
stuartmcg
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ninja Mania » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:03 am

Post removed, will use the private thread from now on.
Last edited by Ninja Mania on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:33 pm

I wouldn't put it as bluntly as Ninja, but I share his sentiment. The sessions that Campbeltown Running Club have organised are specifically at the behest of the members of the club. Saturday morning was the preferred option, so for me--end of story.

Personally,I have to admit that, during summer, it doesn't suit me, but come winter I will be there.

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Well that's me put in my place -

i dont have a them and us mentality ninja, i tend to think about others before myself mostly, hence me giving up much of my own training time for years due to my jogleader committments three times a week and my own long runs on a saturday morning to support others who were behind the group or struggling with their pace over the last 3 years.

Bit silly of me to have thought you would all still want to do long runs with us now that you have running club and it is great that the running club is on the go brilliant platform for the towns runners - i need to remember my personal jogscotland ethos is to support people and give them the confidence to go it alone and to feel great when I am not needed as i have done a good job when they have found their freedom, bit like a mum with her weans, knowing when to let them go that your job is done.....

Dont worry I shant butt in again ninja as i havent paid my fees
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Last edited by 4th gen Suthen' on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:22 pm

l feel a Paper sissors rock coming on to sort this one out,best of three.

Saturday morning 9am Aqualibrium winner say's band together and make up or have another suggestion

what do you all think and l am serious,unless you can tell me what other way to come up with a solution as 4th Gen has put it we all need to nip this in the bud,now.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:24 am

I was going to come on and make some kind of an apology for the blunt way I wrote my last post, but I am not going too, as I never questioned your commitment to JS, Fiona, never have done, never will do, and I clearly never posted anything like that.
As for the them and us comment, that was not directed personally at you either. That was my way of telling the 2 committee's to get together and sort out some sort of time table for weekend lsr run's, but we cant do that if no JS represesetive comes to the committee meeting's. (maybe you could sort this one out)
CRC does not want to run JS, and I'm sure JS does not want to run CRC, but as is with the Boy's and the Pupil's, joining forces has to be the way forward.

I just say what everyone else is thinking, that i'm afraid is just me.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Can we please just draw a line under this now.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:26 pm

________________________________________________ OK.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat