Campbeltown Running Club

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club

Postby Katfer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 am

Robert,

Will do usual warm up to Rockieburn, then will probably opt for over to Shipyard for 8 x 1 min intervals. Will possibly head up High Askomil for cool down etc.

See you then.
Katie
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:28 pm

thanks Katfer. I'm hoping that I should pick you up on the run back up from the Rocky Burn
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:55 am

Training is going well and to thos runners that have never done this type of group training, have adapted very and are working hard and the improvement is showing as now we can all do whatever is put in front of us and still end up knocking out 7miles in the training run come session

If there is any type of session that we have done and you would like to incororate that session more often within the month, then please state or let us know whenever.

We are switching the 12th and 19th October clubs calendar session around,so we thought we would let you know.

Now is the time to start making time for your lsr for thos that have not yet started to incorporate them in your weekly runs,they are the corner stone of you improving even more.It has to be a time of 1:30:00 or more, anything thing under is alright,( but is not classed as a lsr)and won't have the same benefit.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Any CRC member on the forum who cant get access to the members section, can you please pm me and I will sort it out. I have a few members who's forum names I dont know, so cant add them till they pm me. Thanks.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby skernish longrow » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:55 pm

can i book one more seat on the bus
skernish longrow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:21 am

Hi All

here is Thursday club run nice and easy 6 miler chat.

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/running/route 885032.html

l have passed this route to Katie,just in case this does not work

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Well done to Jocelyn for achieving Good For Age for London 2012.

that's 3 from the Club up to now,good news or what,"you bet"

Charlie
Jocelyne
Club place

Come on Jackie,see if you can add your name too in New York.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Re "Good for Age"..

love the term :D

but oh !! the pressure grows !!

all these good times for the Dublin 3 - super results

on the count down to New York now, with the long runs in the bag and know what fja meant when she said
,.."not sure I can really do the long one" -

but oh so looking forward to it all - been watching 4th gen's videos and listening to enthusiastic tales from others who have been - sounds gr8
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby elainemck » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Enjoyed tonight's run although still found it hard even though we just took it easy!!!

Well done Jocelyn on Dublin - I hope that means you'll be taking up that place in London 2012? You should be very proud of ourself! Super times from the Dublin 3, I had a feeling that yous would all come back with the 'marathon bug' and despite all that hard training yous put in that it was definitely worth it to complete the marathon. Could you please email me or Stuart with a race report/photos of the day so we can put on the club website?

Come on Jackie, you can do it - I'm so jealous, the NYC marathon - it's hair on the back of your neck type stuff - good luck!! We'll think on you when we're doing our 5 miler at Tin Farm lol.

On that note just a wee reminder that the minibus will be leaving Aqua on the Sunday morning (7th nov) at 9.30am. There may be a space or 2 left, if anyone wants a space (whether in club or not) please let me know.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:39 am

Missed you last night, DJD. I hope the weather didn't put you off :lol:

Best of luck to you and Charlie for Snowdonia Marathon tomorrow.

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Yip - good luck Charlie AND DJD this time :wink:
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:30 am

Enjoyed the club run yesterday morning. Continued on myself down to Kildalloig Farm and back for a total of 16 miles. A real Forrest Gump moment. I wouldn't recommend doing it again without anything to drink, though, or even a couple of sweets to get some sugar in. Took me a while to get re-hydrated.

Wanted to see if these old legs could look at the marathon distance................
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Rab,if there is in my old legs,you can be rest assured that you have it in yours(lol)
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Rabmacd wrote:Enjoyed the club run yesterday morning. Continued on myself down to Kildalloig Farm and back for a total of 16 miles. A real Forrest Gump moment. I wouldn't recommend doing it again without anything to drink, though, or even a couple of sweets to get some sugar in. Took me a while to get re-hydrated.

Wanted to see if these old legs could look at the marathon distance................

Well done Rab, superb, considering how you felt when you arrived. Really enjoying the Saturday morning runs and never thought I would run as far as I did on Saturday. Really does help when others are out too.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:40 am

Just to let everyone know, training is still 6.30pm - 7.30pm. Don't know what I did to the web calander but it now shows a 5.30pm start. Can't seem to change it, does anyone know how?
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat